Aluminum strat project

StubHead said:
This is a neat tweak:
http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/potm.htm

which means there's never any reason to buy 250's.... because they're usually 220's! Yes, even from the good guys, unless you pay extra for specifically-correct values.

That's what I did, I got one of the 280k pots from RS Guitarworks. The dumb thing was $15.95 . . . I wonder what the markup is on those.

I gotta say, I think a big engraving like that on the pick guard would ruin it. At the moment it looks futuristic and I think a stonking great reference to Arthurian legend is a huge anachronism.

A lightning bolt or something... well, maybe.

I'm not sure anything belongs on there. There's no stretch of the imagination that lets this guitar be anything but unique. It doesn't need help to single it out.

Nekkid metal needs no engraving.  Hell, if it wasn't so damn essential, even putting strings over it almost seems wrong.

DangerousR6 said:
Thinking about doing some engraving... :icon_biggrin:
excaliburmock.jpg
:eek:  What ..... and ruin that pickguard  :eek:

Engrave it, onto the Body  :icon_jokercolor:

If you can whip yourself up another one, then no biggie.  But as it stands, it is quite industrial.  The body, the pick guard, hell, even the pickups are that way.  I kind of like that theme.
Patrick

Ya, I wasn't to sure I wanted to, so it seems I'll leave it be. And you're right Cagey Excalibur was a sword... :doh:

Woohoo...checked the tracking today on my neck delivery... :hello2:

Scheduled Delivery:
    Tuesday, 06/12/2012, By End of Day

Last Location:
    Arrived - Dallas, TX, United States, Monday, 06/11/2012

My neck finally arrived. Kinda hard to tell from the pics, but it's got some quilt like figure in it.... :headbang1:
photobucket-13235-1339529475574.jpg

photobucket-23574-1339530066250.jpg

Stratneck.jpg

Back