Album artwork on a guitar

Indyplumber

One concept I have for a custom guitar build is to have album artwork on the front of the body. Has anyone done this?  How would it be applied?  A large decal is what I envision. Hiring an artist to hand paint it would be difficult and pricy because the artwork I Have in mind is very detailed.

Hey, Mayfly, looks like the photos for your green paisleycaster build thread are on the blink.

I haven't done it but if you have the money there are individual artists who will do an amazing job. Small guitar companies have done it for years. They collaborate with artists and do whatever the client wants. A large decal does not seem a good idea for durability.

Attachments

• Blackmore's Rainbow TAG Pro Am.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 418
Kostas said:
I haven't done it but if you have the money there are individual artists who will do an amazing job. Small guitar companies have done it for years. They collaborate with artists and do whatever the client wants. A large decal does not seem a good idea for durability.

Actually, a large decal is probably the best way to go. You get an exact replica of the artwork you're wanting to use AND, once it gets a clear coat, it's as durable as anything else.
MULLY

Back