AFRICA

Aah-soo....I was right the first time, but I think that's the ONLY time this week, and I still needed help confirming my hunch...Thanks, as always, Kevin. Yer workin' on that business plan, too, right? :toothy11:

Ebony presents a lotta different ways, depending on where it's grown and how it's cut. For example, from these logs you can see how after they're cut into board stock you might get some pieces that are all black, and some that have maybe a two-tone look like your neck...

ebony_1logs.jpg

Macassar Ebony is usually more mixed up in its coloring, so you get pieces that look like this...

ebony_4box.jpg

Then, there's some stuff they call "Black and White Ebony" that looks like this...

ebony_3planes.jpg

Very cool Greg, first thing popped into my mind when I seen the title was ToTo...

Funny story about Toto, sort of, Jeff Watson from Night Ranger posted a vid on FB of Steve Lukather, I made a comment about it. And apparently Lukather from his reaction, he doesn't have a sense of humor...who knew... :icon_biggrin:

Anywho, nice skeletal rendition of the rare feathered sabertoothed cat.. :icon_jokercolor:

musicispeace said:
Guitar of the month? Sheesh, ........Guitar of the Decade. Wow man!  :headbang4:
For sure, that neck is crazy awesome...the body's o.k. too...I guess... :icon_jokercolor:

AFRICA completed...Basswood body, ebony-on-ebony neck; '59 Roundback, 6100 frets...Duncan ''Hot P90 & '59 pickups.

Wow, that's outstanding. You did it again! Very cool, to say the least. :glasses10:

Back