AFRICA

Great Ape

I happened by chance to hear Toto's great song ''Africa'' last week, and couldn't get it out of my head...then three days later this thing popped up on my work bench....

Outstanding. As always, I am impressed with your creativity. This will be stunning when completed.

Wow. Looks phenomenal, and I know it'll get even more so as you go into colors and finish.

I think this one would look fantastic with only a solid color stain or natural finish to it. I like it!

Fantastic!

Now, do a lost wax casting of it so you can make a branding iron of that image, and start stamping 'em out. But, keep the total number made down to maybe 1500, and sign/number each one. Sell 'em for $2,500 ea., unfinished. That'll net you $3,750,000. Lather, rinse, repeat. You're rich now. You're welcome.

Love your work man. One day I would love to own a guitar with a design of yours on it.

The plan from the start with this was to match up the finish with a beautiful macassar ebony neck I've had for a while, so it's pretty much going to be finished in a dye mixed to match some of the color tones in the ebony...

Great Ape said:
The plan from the start with this was to match up the finish with a beautiful macassar ebony neck I've had for a while, so it's pretty much going to be finished in a dye mixed to match some of the color tones in the ebony...
That will be dynamic! Looking forward to seeing it.

Cagey said:
Fantastic!

Now, do a lost wax casting of it so you can make a branding iron of that image, and start stamping 'em out. But, keep the total number made down to maybe 1500, and sign/number each one. Sell 'em for $2,500 ea., unfinished. That'll net you $3,750,000. Lather, rinse, repeat. You're rich now. You're welcome.

Hey now, Kev-Help me out with the logistics (Remember-I'm an artist, not a functioning adult) and
I'll split the proceeds with you!

Back