ABY Pedals

exalted

Anyone know some good ABY pedals?

I was looking at the Morley ABY, but the people on Harmony Central seem to think it has signal degradation problems.

The reason I'm looking for it is to switch between a distortion pedal and an octave pedal at the same time. I can get it 85% of the time...but that isn't good enough live.  :guitaristgif:

for something that simple where the ABY box is being driven with active sources, Just build your own.

mayfly said:
for something that simple where the ABY box is being driven with active sources, Just build your own.

That's what I'd do since an ABY box is just a switch that chooses between 2 inputs/outputs so a single DPDT foot switch would do the job with ease.

I have a Lehle Little Dual and I like it, but I think if I was going to get one now I'd get one of these:

http://www.loop-master.com/index.php?cPath=24

not the same but right now I'm trying win one of these on eBay:

http://www.loop-master.com/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=93

The Lehle one has isolated grounds.  Nice unit.  I have a friend that was doing a two amp setup and he had me build him a boost pedal with a buffered out.  Unfortunately there was an issue between the grounds between the two amps and it was noisy.  I have most of the parts coming from mouser to build an isolated ground A/B/Y.  Geofex has the circuit, and GGG has a PCB.  You have to supply the box and elbow grease.  But, there are a lot of options that are cheaper if you do not have the ground issues, so try out those first and figure out if you need the isolated grounds.  Good luck.
Patrick

Thanks for the advice, all!

There's a guy selling a Morley for 30 bucks locally. I'm going to try it out on my rig, and if it does pop, I'll look into building one myself.

:help: I FOUND A BODY HERE NUMBERED M610 LOOKS LIKE A LES PAUL JR BUT
THEN AGAIN IT HAS A THIN LINE LOOK TO IT, IT'S REALLY COOL I'll HAVE TO FIND MORE ABOUT IT BUT
I THINK I'M GONNA JUMP ON IT !!!! ANYBODY HAVE A GUESS AS TO WHAT KINDA GUITAR IT IS ???? >>>>>  M 610
TANKS Chip

Maybe a new topic would be a better place for that, Chip  :icon_thumright:
Along with some gentleness on that caps lock  :laughing7:

It's an L5s, my friend. Says so right at the top of the page.

At any rate, the Morley works just fine. Totally silent, and WAY better than trying to stomp on three switches at the same time in the middle of a song.

Back