Aaron videos - Talkbox

DangerousR6 said:
Until I came to despise AS, that was certainly a fav, I love the sound of the talk box, but never got around to owning one. Even the JW and PF stuff is good, but I agree with Cagey, they got worn out on the radio...Along with The Zoo from the Scorps...

Haha!

I'm in a Scorps trib and a Bon Jovi trib. Talkbox has been mandatory for me at every gig for the last ten years. I'm actually pretty sick of dealing with it, but how to play a Bon Jovi show without Livin' on a Prayer?

The Aaron said:
DangerousR6 said:
Until I came to despise AS, that was certainly a fav, I love the sound of the talk box, but never got around to owning one. Even the JW and PF stuff is good, but I agree with Cagey, they got worn out on the radio...Along with The Zoo from the Scorps...

Haha!

I'm in a Scorps trib and a Bon Jovi trib. Talkbox has been mandatory for me at every gig for the last ten years. I'm actually pretty sick of dealing with it, but how to play a Bon Jovi show without Livin' on a Prayer?
I agree, if you're going to play the songs might as well do them right. Fans tend to want to hear the songs as they know them... :icon_thumright:

The Aaron said:
how to play a Bon Jovi show without Livin' on a Prayer?

Well, the limit of 1/2 ^n as N approaches infinity is 1, so... Just say they've finally arrived by now.

I have limited skills so I always sound like me. But it would be fun to do a Dylan song in the style of someone else like blue oyster cult or fat boy slim.

I don’t think talkbox is overused. Wah, phase, flange yes! Chorus? We are far enough away from the over chorused 80s I now use it again sparingly.  LOL

Right. It was interesting at first, almost comical/humorous, but it's gotten to be another one of those things you can hear from 100 miles away and don't need to hear again.

Back