A third guitar

Danuda

I am contemplating another guitar build, but I am not sure yet what kind of guitar I should build.  At the moment I have a PRS SE and my silver telecaster.  I am debating three seperate guitars.  A stratocaster, a telecaster with the typical pickups not 2 p90s like I have or a soloist body with 3 single coils.  If you guys could only have 3 guitars what would the 3 guitars be?

Three guitars I would have if I could have no others?

- A strat (so your soloist-with-three-pickups idea works here)
- A tele (probably with a p90 or mini HB in the neck position)
- A semi-hollow ES335-type guitar (ruled out if you're in build-your-own-from-parts territory)

Give me a fourth one, and it'd be a clone of either a Les Paul special or an SG with twin P90's.

Go for five, and we get a carve-top Les Paul with humbuckers.

I would think a conventional strat build would be a wonderful complement to your two other guitars.

My top 3 that i would own if i could only have 3 would be:
1. Jazzmaster
2. Either a conventional strat or tele (it would be really hard for me to choose, i'd probably go with a tele in the end)
3. Either a Les Paul or 335-style (again, tough, would probably settle on the 335)

My three cents:

1. Baritone tele with p-90 and mini humbucker or normal single coil bridge pickup
2. Firebird with two humbuckers and piezo bridge
3. Flying V w/ flamed maple cap and three single coils

My Desert Island guitars

1. My fretless baritone noun-verber (still too lazy to post about finishing it)
2. Thinline (or possibly LS5, haven't decided yet) w/Superwide Fatback neck, Graphtech Ghost & hexpander (= my next build).  :toothy10:
3. Chambered Firebird w/Lollar mini-hbs, LP fatback neck; mahogany Body/neck, Pau Ferro top/fretboard.  (sigh) - someday...  :sad1:

I don't have a clue how I would pick only three. How about three for each day of the week? 21 sounds much more reasonable.

3 guitars for me? i guess what i've already got... a double humbucker guitar (my telecaster deluxe), a nice singlecoil guitar like a strat or tele (my new telecaster), and a hollowbody. 3 is still tough though, since i'd want something with a floyd, too!

I've only got two guitars. An HSH strat which is versatile enough to play anything, and another strat in case the first one breaks.

I have no guitars ATM, but my current desires/needs/GOALS are

1. an H(maybe S)H Tele thats got every contour cut and a a reverse headstock. heavily inspired by the Jim Root Tele. with a 14" flat radius neck and jumbo frets.
it will look a bit like this
Fender09_JimRoot_01.jpg

2. an Iceman. Not sure where I'm getting it or what its specs are. I just need an iceman.
ibanez_ict700bk.jpg

3.Ibanez Artcore AS73B
48694_l.jpg

though long before I own anything but the Artcore. I will be buying this. and swapping electronics.
RG321MHMOL.gif

AGWAN said:

1. an H(maybe S)H Tele thats got every contour cut and a a reverse headstock. heavily inspired by the Jim Root Tele. with a 14" flat radius neck and jumbo frets.
Fender09_JimRoot_01.jpg

2. an Iceman. Not sure where I'm getting it or what its specs are. I just need an iceman.
ibanez_ict700bk.jpg

3.Ibanez Artcore AS73B
48694_l.jpg

though long before I own anything but the Artcore. I will be buying this. and swapping electronics.
RG321MHMOL.gif

How can you not have an axe?  :icon_scratch:

I had to sell it to pay a ticket.

which is okay because it sucked. and I suck at playing guitar.

BUT I NEED IT BACK, OR SOMETHING.

Also.. when it comes to bands I've always been the songwriter/vocalist(Mostly screaming) so I just started taking Guitar seriously this year.

AGWAN said:

Fender09_JimRoot_01.jpg

ibanez_ict700bk.jpg

3.Ibanez Artcore AS73B
48694_l.jpg

RG321MHMOL.gif
Sounds like you got GAS, you need some....
beano.jpg

I had thought about an HSH strat, but I was not sure if it would be different enough from my other two guitars.  I am trying to avoid duplication as much as possible.  It is highly likely that I will have a baby sometime next year so this could be my last toy for a while.

If you already have a PRS SE and a telecaster, it's a no-brainer: you gotta have a Strat. How anyone who calls themselves a guitar player can not have at least one is beyond me. I have 4, just to be safe. Now I've got to get a PRS SE and a Tele. Or, at least reasonable facsimiles of them. Already got the Gibson thing out of my system, although it would be nice to get an ES335 copy at some point.

well
I have a PRS custom 22
I have a Strat
I have a Tele
I am building a Tele
I want a Jazz box

Back