A simple black strat

J.

Here's my first Warmoth. Alder body, maple neck, fixed bridge (updated with Graphtech), Harmonic Design Z90, 1 vol. Tuned to b standard. This is maybe a year old pic, later I've had the bridge moved a bit further away from the neck to have more room to intonate the low b, pu is Lindy Fralin P92 at the moment, I'm thinking about going back to the Z90, we'll see. Yeah, most people tell me to get a real baritone, but I haven't liked any I tried (several scale lengths between 26,5" and 28"), this and my old Tokai tele that has been baritonized as well feel very natural to play, and sound just crushing. Both have 25,5" scale length. Strings are D'Addario, 014 to 066, 1 plain 5 wound.

warmoth_mesa_orange1.jpg

If you'd like to hear what it sounds like, check out my band's myspace at

http://www.myspace.com/theinsult

Very distorted, I know... The song on the top, Blasmer, has one side played with the strat, the other with the old tele. I don't remember which, I'll check...  :icon_scratch:

Thank you all for the nice comments!

It's a great guitar, a joy to play. And I have to say I'm pretty happy with my design.  :icon_smile:

Alfang said:
You designed that? huh........Leo owes you bigtime

umm ok maybe not... I'll rephrase: I'm pretty happy with the parts I picked and the way they work together. Better?

Back