Strat body for a powercaster neck

vtpcnk

I would love to have a strat-o-tele with a powercaster neck. strat neck pickup and standard tele bridge pickup on a strat body.

powercaster neck is 24.75 scale.

So two main questions :

1. the standard bridge routing on warmoth strat body will not intonate with the powercaster neck. So if I get the body without any bridge routing, is it difficult to do a bridge routing/holes for a tele bridge? Would a guitar tech in say guitar center (one with decent experience) be capable of doing this?

2. If I get a body with a swimming pool route, will I be able to fit a tele bridge pickup in it? (If I can get the above tele bridge routing to work).

Appreciate the insights.

One question. Do you really want the PowerCaster decal? 
If not, I would go with the Warmoth conversion neck that will drop into a standard bridge position body and intonate properly.  You could get your bridge and bridge pickup routed at the factory.  There are topics On this forum about decal placing if you want to do your own custom decal, which would be cool.

If you do want the decal, then you are correct, you would need to get the body without bridge routing and do it yourself.

I don’t know that much about tele bridges, but I am pretty sure that they wouldn’t work well with a swimming pool route. And it would probably not be positioned properly.  I would guess that you would need to route the bridge pickup cavity as well as locating and mounting the bridge.

The powercaster neck is drilled for a Fender style contoured heel; you won't be able to bolt it to a Warmoth body without drilling a new hole in the neck.

The Powercaster is also an actual 24.75" guitar, not a conversion. So even if you drill the new hole it still won't intonate.

Just order a 24.75" conversion neck instead. There is nothing else unique about the Powercaster's neck anyway; the nut width, back profile, fretboard radius, frets and materials are all commonly offered by many parts companies, Warmoth included.

Back