A Proposal

Always have a contingency:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/29/AR2005122901412.html

My favorite quotes:

"At that point, it's only a matter of time before we bring these Molson-swigging, maple-mongering Zamboni drivers to their knees!"  
    "The surrender will come quickly, they're French after all."

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Always have a contingency:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/29/AR2005122901412.html

My favorite quotes:

"At that point, it's only a matter of time before we bring these Molson-swigging, maple-mongering Zamboni drivers to their knees!"  
    "The surrender will come quickly, they're French after all."

Oh no we're doomed :help:

ErogenousJones said:
To be fair, only a relatively small part of the Canadian population (myself included) has any French blood at all.

I think the numbers would surprise you ...
Over 30% of the Canadian population claim to have some French heritage.  Granted, most of those people are in Quebec, but there are large pockets of French-Canadians on the east coast, in Ontario, Saskachewan and Alberta!
That number goes up significantly if you count those of us (myself included) who are bilingual (no French heritage, but can speak the language).

And to those who would cite France's failure in WWII, I would say most French-Canadians consider themselves as much a part of France as those Americans with British ancestry consider themselves a part of England.  Both countries have come a LONG way since colonization.

Volitions Advocate said:
Better be careful when you go to invade alberta.  We've got a much higher concentration of closet rednecks than texas, oklahoma and new mexico combined.  Not to mention Cold Lake.  Bring it on *meanface*

+1.  And Wainwright...bar fights suck in these towns.  I'd hate to see people trying to invade...

texicus said:
Volitions Advocate said:
Better be careful when you go to invade alberta.  We've got a much higher concentration of closet rednecks than texas, oklahoma and new mexico combined.  Not to mention Cold Lake.  Bring it on *meanface*

+1.  And Wainwright...bar fights suck in these towns.  I'd hate to see people trying to invade...

oooo yea - my grandparents are in Wainwright and I spend a lot of time there - many a fight I managed to squeak out of in that place!

AndyG said:
ErogenousJones said:
To be fair, only a relatively small part of the Canadian population (myself included) has any French blood at all.

I think the numbers would surprise you ...
Over 30% of the Canadian population claim to have some French heritage.  Granted, most of those people are in Quebec, but there are large pockets of French-Canadians on the east coast, in Ontario, Saskachewan and Alberta!
That number goes up significantly if you count those of us (myself included) who are bilingual (no French heritage, but can speak the language).

And to those who would cite France's failure in WWII, I would say most French-Canadians consider themselves as much a part of France as those Americans with British ancestry consider themselves a part of England.  Both countries have come a LONG way since colonization.

I agree with everything you said. I'd just like to say that 30% is a "relatively small part" of the population. Not all Canadians are French, despite what some stereotypes would have us believe. But I am French-Canadian, so it makes no difference to me.  :laughing7:

Facts and perception are often different things.  Realistically I know most of Canada isn't French Canadian, but it's funny for us to think that.

Q:  Why are French avenues lined with trees?
A:  Germans like to march in the shade.

Montréal has the second largest population of francophones in the world, second to Paris.

AutoBat said:
Montréal has the second largest population of francophones in the world, second to Paris.

And yet French Quebeckers are constantly lamenting the state of the French language in that city, specifically that there is not enough of it compared to English. Go figure.

AutoBat said:

And Edmonton has the second largest population of Ukrainians in the world after Kiev.  :)

mayfly said:
AutoBat said:

And Edmonton has the second largest population of Ukrainians in the world after Kiev.  :)

And Toronto has the second largest population of Lice in the word after Brussels.

:icon_jokercolor:

Luke said:
AutoBat said:
I, for one, welcome our new delicous poutine bearing overlords.

I WILL NOT EAT POUTINE!

WE WILL FIGHT THEM ON THE BEACHES.. WE WILL FIGHT THEM ON THE GREAT LAKES...

Last time Canada and the US fought on the great lakes, if I recall correctly my grade 9 history...A certain house was burned down, wasn't it?

mgaut051 said:
Luke said:
AutoBat said:
I, for one, welcome our new delicous poutine bearing overlords.

I WILL NOT EAT POUTINE!

WE WILL FIGHT THEM ON THE BEACHES.. WE WILL FIGHT THEM ON THE GREAT LAKES...

Last time Canada and the US fought on the great lakes, if I recall correctly my grade 9 history...A certain house was burned down, wasn't it?

Actually, only one wing was burned down.  The rest was so badly damaged with water and smoke that they had to paint the whole house white to cover the damage.  Hence the name.  American history books don't like to dwell on stuff like that  :)

A counterproposal, SL

jesusland.gif

Back