A LUNA for a LEFTY

Great Ape

My good friend, studio owner, master producer, and musician extraordinaire (guitar, keyboards, bass, drums, lap steel--you name it) is left handed and has been playing right handed guitars upside down most of his life, so I thought I'd make him a lefty Tele (do you know how awkward it is ti play a Tele upside down?!). Quilt maple on swamp ash, forearm contour, tummy cut, contoured heel, 2 p-90's, and a vibrato bridge...and a little bit of burning... 

I love the perception of depth on the moth, it looks like it is carved into the surface. Very nice as always!

Great as always, your guitars are work of art. If you had joined the site a few years back I would have been a customer already but now I have too many guitars for my needs.

Kostas said:
Great as always, your guitars are work of art. If you had joined the site a few years back I would have been a customer already but now I have too many guitars for my needs.

Heh, heh...when has THAT ever stopped one of us?

Wowza  :eek:

I'm pretty sure he is gunna love it.

Suppose being a lefty, ya had to draw every thing arse about  :laughing7:

Is he getting to see the process build as you go ?
Or
Is it a surprise for him ?

Cheers  :icon_thumright:

...He sees nothing 'til it's done...''arse about'', huh? Hadn't thought of it quite like that, but I am enjoying the terminology. Good to hear from you, Murray...

That is incredible. How/where did you learn to do the wood burning effect like that? I'm just blown away by the beautiful artwork/guitars I see on this site!

Very cool as usual, although I don't get the connection between a scorpion-beetle hybrid a set of bird feathers and a moth. But it's colorful... :kewlpics:

It's mammalian discrimination, is what it is. You got insects, arachnids, birds... where are the mammals? There should be a cat on there. A muscular Siamese with a bad attitude named "Chiang"  would sell.

Back