a fun tele project

WezV

i am making the body on this but the neck is coming from warmoth, pretty much a standard tele maple neck  with SS frets and a 'Fecker' decal

The mockup:
LACTF2.jpg

and were i am up to now!
rmock1.jpg

its a paper pickguard template in the pic, i had wet the body with white spirit to show the colour of the wood and should have waited a minute longer before putting the template on!

the body wood is white korina, nice and straight grained with a subtle shimmer that really looks great in real life.  so the back and sides are going to be left natural to show it off

no, its a TV jones filtertron +

its gretsch rather than rickenbacker.  the knobs and pickguard will also show some gretsch influence

I like what you're doing, although not the location of the controls in that straight-line-parallel-to-the-floor. Everything is round and contoured and those look kind of tacked on where they are.

jay4321 said:
I like what you're doing, although not the location of the controls in that straight-line-parallel-to-the-floor. Everything is round and contoured and those look kind of tacked on where they are.

they are just placed on, but in approximate telcaster position.  they look alittle closer because gretsch style knobs are wider and flatter.  they may also be slightkly out of line in the picture ior look that way because of the wood grain.  the holes i drilled are no out of line, i had to measure a few times to convince myself i way not imagining it

esentially its a fender la cabronita style build - but with a bit of extra spangle, binding and more gretschyness thrown in - but the control positions still match the original.  they are not just volume and tone either, one of teh pots will be push/pull with a 'cocked wah' tone preset

aw feck, never mind... I just noticed that it shows a new pic everytime you refresh..

this is the one your project reminded me of:

9236666644_main.jpg

Markoooooo said:
this is the one your project reminded me of:

that was definately the inspiration, along with a few gretshy touches!  did you see the price fender are changing... for what is a very simple guitar to build.  its no wonder people have decided to go through other routes to get one

Very interesting, I dig the pickup rout. Is it routed from the back?

nope, the pickup did have the little pointless brass wings on it, but they were easy enought o remove to get a cleaner mount

Markoooooo,
Thank you for posting that picture I needed it. I am supposed to be getting a pine body just like it to do for a friend and I had not seen one yet. Rockabilly meets twang, very nice.  

WezV,
I like yours alot.  Very nice lines.

Those TV jones filtertron pups fit really nice in there. A good idea fora rear rout.  :glasses9:

back from finishing - just starting assembly.  actually its strung up but i havnt doen new photos yet

test1.jpg

test2.jpg

test3.jpg

test4.jpg

Back