a fun tele project

just to show how spangly it really is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttluvgUdaN4

yeah, i made the pickguard from clear perspex so i attached one of my logo's before spraying the back white then peeled it off.  I still need to polish it all out and reshape slightly but i think it works well.

its one of those gretsch like features.  Their gold guards are usually clear with gold sprayed on the back

THAT is cool.....fo sho... :glasses9:

Just my .02, I'd go without the PG, looks way better... :laughing7:

WezV, where did you have it painted, I got a project coming up and I might want to do a red sparkle on it..... :laughing7:

it was done for me by lennon guitars up in scotland, mike is doing most of my spray work for me at the moment... and doing a very good job too

WezV said:
it was done for me by lennon guitars up in scotland, mike is doing most of my spray work for me at the moment... and doing a very good job too
Well they did a fantastic job, but Scotland is a bit to far off for me to get a paint job. Even one as nice as that... :doh:

DangerousR6 said:
WezV said:
Well they did a fantastic job, but Scotland is a bit to far off for me to get a paint job. Even one as nice as that... :doh:

I guess the good old Tonar can help you :D I bet that he can make something as good as this, but I remember he said he don't like gold sparkle finish :laughing7:

NonsenseTele said:
DangerousR6 said:
WezV said:

I guess the good old Tonar can help you :D I bet that he can make something as good as this, but I remember he said he don't like gold sparkle finish :laughing7:
He's probably the best candidate for the job, but it wouldn't be Gold, it would be RED.... :icon_biggrin:

NonsenseTele said:

I'm kind of speaking on his behalf and maybe second guessing, but I bet Tonar does a lot of finishes he doesn't care for and still does them well.  It's part of being a professional.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
NonsenseTele said:

I'm kind of speaking on his behalf and maybe second guessing, but I bet Tonar does a lot of finishes he doesn't care for and still does them well.  It's part of being a professional.
I'm sure he does.... :laughing7:

Back