A Bender Telecaster for Bill

Mayfly said:
I got them from Japarts: http://www.japarts.ca/.  They are the north american distributor for Gotoh and other fine Japanese guitar brands. 

They're also the source of some of the finest gauged/needle/shaping files you can buy. Top notch parts, wide selection, reasonable prices, and good service. Gotta love 'em.

That came out really good. The tuners look great. I'll think about those for my next neck.

Gentlemen,

Bill came by today and collected the guitar.  He didn't have time to chat because he was on his way to a gig!  Yep he fully intended on using the guitar 'cold' at the show. 

I send him an email asking how it went and how he liked the guitar.  Here's his reply:

Loved it
Was one of our quieter gigs but I still got a fairly full tone at low volume. Played a dream, setup is near perfect. Didn't do a lot of slide but the bit I did seemed to work fine. Another guy who came out to sit in for a couple songs said he "loved the tone". Didn't exercise the pickup selections as much as I would like. Stuck mostly to straight bridge with a bit of straight neck. Will get to that...
Bender is real smooth, loved it.
No pics yet. Probably get some Thursday when we play next.

Overall grade: A+

more report to follow.
xo
Bill

Not sure how to read that "xo" in his reply, but I'll take the overall tone as positive!  :)

Well, there you go. That says it all.  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Back