'50 Esquire Build Starts

LoxFL

I dont have the neck yet so I started with some basic tasks until I can decide on the neck. Trying to decide on a birdseye or flame maple neck. I know I want another 1 3/4 nut with a 10-16 compound radius but can decide on the type of maple

Like my '51 Nocaster project I went with all relic hardware

Bridge with brass barrels
enhance

1950B Bridge pickup from JonesyBlues (for more info go to http://www.jonesyblues.com/telecaster---broadcaster-wiring-options.html)
enhance

Pre-wired 1 pickup Esquire from JonesyBlues (for more info go to http://www.jonesyblues.com/telecaster---broadcaster-wiring-options.html)
enhance

The body

As crazy as it sounds this is my first solid color guitar. I love transparent finishes either regular or burst so the wood grain shows. I will say I am liking this Daphne Blue with the solid white pick guard

enhance

That's a good start. In fact, you're already fairly close to a complete guitar. It should happen fairly quickly.

Rgand said:
That's a good start. In fact, you're already fairly close to a complete guitar. It should happen fairly quickly.

If I can ever make up my mind on the neck. I keep going back and forth

LoxFL said:
Rgand said:

If I can ever make up my mind on the neck. I keep going back and forth
That does complicate things slightly. But only slightly. :icon_biggrin:

On the plus side, you don't have any issues with the neck on this guitar.... :laughing7:

I decided to take the neck off my last project, the '51 Nocaster, and put it on this Esquire because its impossible to take the pick guard of the NoCaster to adjust the neck pickup with a 22 fret fingerboard. The end of the board being extended doesnt allow the pick guard to lift up so adjusting the neck pick up requires the removal of the entire neck. Since the Esquire only has a bridge pickup I will have no need to remove the pick guard so a 22 fret neck will work

My plan is to put the neck I already have on my '51 Nocaster complete project on this Esquire this weekend which will complete this Esquire then wait for the 21 fret neck I order which will then go onto my '51 Nocaster. Since I am now in love with the 13/4 nut with a 10/16 compound radius I went with the same thing but in Birdseye

Style: Telecaster®
Construction: Vintage/Modern Construction
Orientation: Right Handed
Neck Wood: Birdseye Maple
Fingerboard Wood: Birdseye Maple
Nut Width: 1-3/4"
Back Shape: Standard thin
Fret Size: SS6105 (Stainless)
Tuner Ream: Vintage Style (11/32")
Radius: 10-16" Compound
Scale: 25-1/2"
Fret #: 21
Mounting Holes: Standard 4 Bolt
Pre-Cut Installed String Nut: GraphTech White TUSQ XL - Standard Nut
Inlays: Black Face Dots
Side Dots: Black Side Dots
Finish: Vintage Tint Gloss

All done, well kinda, just waiting on the white felt washers to come before I put on the vintage strap buttons.

enhance

enhance

enhance

That looks great. Nice choice for the neck. Good job, there. :icon_thumright:

Indeed. Mr. Fender left something to be desired from a mechanical engineering standpoint, but when it came to comfort and aesthetics he was a real ace.

Gorgeous guitar.  I can't wait to see that bird's eye neck, please take lots of pictures.

Well the 21 fret birdseye neck for my '51 Nocaster came this week. I have been for what seems like 6 month but I am sure its been 8 weeks. Here is a pic of both my '50s guitars. The '51 Nocaster with the new birdseye neck and the '50 Esquire with the original flame maple neck I had on the Nocaster that I move to the Esquire because it has 22 frets and made removing the pickguard to adjust the neck pick up on the '51 Nocaster impossible. I will take a better closer pic of the new birdseye neck but here is a general pic.

enhance

Back