5 String P pickups?

AndyG

Just wondering ... I want to build myself a new bass ... either a Deluxe 5 Jazz, or a Gecko  :guitaristgif:

Are the machines there set up to rout the 5 string Bartolini P pickup?  Better yet ... a P pickup "Warwick" style, with the treble side of the pickup closest to the neck, and the bass side closer to the bridge.

I'd love to have a P-J setup on a new 5 string!

ThanX for any info  :rock-on:

A 5 string P rout is the same as a 4 string. 

We could probably reverse the P but there would be an extra charge and the body would be non-returnable.

Interesting that a 5 string P is the same as a 4 ... so why isn't offered as an option on the site?    :icon_scratch:  All the different J, soapbar and Musicman pickups are listed, so that's why I asked here.

Good to know that it can be done reversed ... I had a Warwick 4 string, and my thumb found a very comfy home on that reversed P.

ThanX    :rock-on:

when you build your 5-string P, definitely give the Nordstrand NP-5 a serious consideration. IMO there is no other 5-string P-bass pickup that will come closer to an authentic 4-string P-bass sound. None.

all the best,

R

AndyG said:
Interesting that a 5 string P is the same as a 4 ... so why isn't offered as an option on the site?     :icon_scratch:  All the different J, soapbar and Musicman pickups are listed, so that's why I asked here.

Good to know that it can be done reversed ... I had a Warwick 4 string, and my thumb found a very comfy home on that reversed P.

ThanX    :rock-on:

Frankly, it isn't a very common request.  Probably right up there with Darkstar pickups.......

There also aren't very many pickup manufacturers doing 5 string P pickups.  Like Skuttle said, check out Nordstrand.  I'd also suggest Delano.  A bit more clarity than the Barts, IMO.

Back