24.75 Scale Tele

Michael M.

As I posed elsewhere, very happy with this tele.  I am contemplating getting a thicker neck (Standard Thin is really thin, thinking '59 Round will be worth a try) but otherwise very happy.

The body is by Surfleaf and the pickups are by Cavalier (I highly recommend Cavalier pickups.  Excellent tones and excellent customer service.  There are some youtube videos of their stuff - beautiful sound.)

Attachments

• Conversion Tele.jpg
    Conversion Tele.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 512
Looks good! Which Cavalier pickups did you get? I have a Fat Lion in the bridge of my jazzcaster tele and love it.

It has an interesting feel.  The scale feels like my Gibson Les Paul Special but at the same time the neck has a very vintage Fender feel as I went for the classic width (vs. Gibson or Modern width).  It still feels very much like a Tele but just a little more comfortable.

As for the Caviler Pickups:

Neck: Lion King
Bridge: Twin Lion (Nashville and Fat)

LOVE BOTH.  Sound, price, and customer service can not be beat.
If I did it again, I may have just gone with Nashville as that is the sound I use the most.  The Fat Lion is a nice bump up in heat to have if playing an AC/DC or Zeppelin sound but I rarely use it as the Nashville sounds so fantastic clean but also sounds great with dirt.

Back