WTB / WTT Looking for 59 Round Strat w/ Rose and 59 Round Tele with Maple

Michael M.

Let me start with what I have.
Tele 24.75" conversion, maple/maple, standard thin, compound radius, 1 5/8 nut. 6150 frets.

I LOVE it but the thin is too thin for me and will consider a trade for the same neck (I would accept 1 5/8 or 1.650 nut) but 59 Round.  I would accept roasted maple as well.  I doubt I would find that but you never know.

I am sitting at my home typing and staring at a beautiful MJT guitar that needs a neck.

I can't decide if I go for 25.5 for my new strat body or stick with the 24.75 scale.
Is it the conversion neck that makes the tele the first Fender style I have loved?  Is it the compound?  Probably the 24.75 but struggling.

Regardless, I am looking to buy or trade for a Stat neck as well.  Must be rosewood or ebony fingerboard with 6150 frets, compound radius.  59 round shape. 

If you are still reading . . .  what do you think about my scale issue for the strat neck???  Try a 25.5" or is clear that the love from the tele comes from the 24.75" so stick with it.  Diversity in a collection is a good thing but I don't know.  I have hated past partscasters that were 25.5" (Jazzmaster with 12 radius strat neck, but it might have been the body and pickups - neck felt pretty good / also hated a Tele Custom with a 7.25 degree neck). Hmmmmmm

Thanks for reading.
Michael M.

Hi Michael, post some pics and price indications of the T neck as it will help as well as what type of nut it has.

It sounds to me that if you feel more comfortable on a 24.75 scale it is likely to be the shorter scale rather than a compound radius, especially if the neck you find a little thin in any case.

Here is a picture of the Tele and the Strat body.

You are right . . . it is most likely the 24.75" scale that I am liking so much.
As such, I am sticking to 24.75 for the Tele.
For the Strat I am willing to experiment. 

I guess the beauty of these bolt on necks is I can experiment.

Michael

Attachments

• Conversion Tele.jpg
    Conversion Tele.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 165
  • MJT Body 2.jpg
    MJT Body 2.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 163
Back