2 humbuckers...series/parellel and phase switch

line6man said:
bbl4ck said:
Funny, I am looking for the same thing; almost!  I want coil splits and serries/parellel,

Volume, Volume, Tone, Neck pickup series/single coil switch, Bridge pickup series/single coil switch, Master series/parallel switch?

I have a diagram of this that i drew for a guy with stacked humbuckers on a Jazz bass, but both pickups go split to the north coil.
I would assume that you want the neck pickup to split to the north coil, and the bridge pickup to split to the south coil.

Here is the diagram, but i can change it to split to south coils.
3575069960_f824753be4.jpg

Hey line6man,

I can't thank you enough for sending the diagram  :headbang:

I have been looking through electronic books and diagrams for some time and have not been able to come up with this exact diagram.  Lots out there using 2 volume & 2 tones, but not 2 volumes & 1 tone.
This is my first build, so when I do the wiring I will spend some time playing around with things so I can get a better understanding of guitar electronics.

Yes, the neck pickup to split to the north coil, and the bridge pickup to split to the south coil would be ideal.  However, I do not want to put you through any more work changing diagrams.  You have already done enough!
If you could just explain the change that would be cool :icon_thumright:
Also, I am assuming that like in your other diagram, the mini-switches are DPDT on-on?

Thanks again and hope you have a great weekend!!! :eek:ccasion14:

bbl4ck said:
Hey line6man,

I can't thank you enough for sending the diagram  :headbang:

I have been looking through electronic books and diagrams for some time and have not been able to come up with this exact diagram.  Lots out there using 2 volume & 2 tones, but not 2 volumes & 1 tone.
This is my first build, so when I do the wiring I will spend some time playing around with things so I can get a better understanding of guitar electronics.

Yes, the neck pickup to split to the north coil, and the bridge pickup to split to the south coil would be ideal.  However, I do not want to put you through any more work changing diagrams.  You have already done enough!
If you could just explain the change that would be cool :icon_thumright:
Also, I am assuming that like in your other diagram, the mini-switches are DPDT on-on?

Thanks again and hope you have a great weekend!!! :eek:ccasion14:

I really don't mind drawing diagrams. I have a whole collection of schematics going on my Flickr page:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jrkdesimone/sets/72157616015420655/

Anyways, to make the bridge pickup split into the south coil:
On the push/pull switch for the bridge pickup's volume,  there is a terminal on the switch that is grounded to the pot casing. Remove this connection, and instead connect the bridge pickup's top coil + to that terminal. The bridge pickup's top coil + should remain connected to it's terminal on the tone pot's push/pull as well.

Back