1st full warmoth build

WarmothRules

Black Korina body, quarter sawn maple neck standard thin, 1-11/16 nut width, SS6105 frets, Abalone Dots , one volume knob route and a 5 way route. Wilkinson/Gotoh VSVG Vintage Tremolo, 24 3/4" Scale, Sperzel Trim-Lok Guitar Machines with graduated heights for the posts. No string trees needed.
HPIM1280.jpg

HPIM1278.jpg

HPIM1285.jpg

HPIM1282.jpg

D-rock said:
Nice build man! Are you going to stain the guitar?
I'm having a hard time deciding what to do for a finish. Should I stain it? Grain fill it or what? My original plan was to use a fender body that was sonic blue but I got sent a cheapo piece of crap off ebay so I resold it. I kinda want a light blue finish with white pickups but I don't know how good light blue would look on black korina.

Mr. Brian said:
What kind of pickups are you going to drop in that bad boy?  Looks pretty.
I was thinking two duncan distortions. I want something that could do hard rock, metal, and jazz fusion tones. Thats why I got the 5 way and just a volume. Good for coil tapping. Duncan distortions have a good mids crunch sound. I like mids. I'm still not %100 set on those pickups. They might be too bright. I'm like %90 set on them. 

I think a real light transparent blue would look killer!! you would still be able to see the grain of the wood  :)

Hey! Black Korina is better with grain filler, it has pores like Mahogany - pop if you don't fill it...

And I don't like Korina stained, even more Black Korina, but it's very personal taste...
I would go to natural finish or a burst on it...

NonsenseTele said:
Hey! Black Korina is better with grain filler, it has pores like Mahogany - pop if you don't fill it...

And I don't like Korina stained, even more Black Korina, but it's very personal taste...
I would go to natural finish or a burst on it...
Yeah the blue might be cool also it might not turn out right. What kind of grain filler should I use?

WarmothRules said:
Mr. Brian said:
What kind of pickups are you going to drop in that bad boy?  Looks pretty.
I was thinking two duncan distortions. I want something that could do hard rock, metal, and jazz fusion tones. Thats why I got the 5 way and just a volume. Good for coil tapping. Duncan distortions have a good mids crunch sound. I like mids. I'm still not %100 set on those pickups. They might be too bright. I'm like %90 set on them. 

I recently purchased a pair of blackouts and they clean up really well and have good mids.  Way better mids than any EMG I've ever used.

I thought Warmoth stopped making square ends at the fretboard after the 22nd fret.  Did you order it like that or is it from an old stock ?

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Unwound G said:
I thought Warmoth stopped making square ends at the fretboard after the 22nd fret.  Did you order it like that or is it from an old stock ?

The conversion necks are like that, which this one is.

Thanks for enlightening me. :)

When I look at this korina I think its a little bland colored, but then I remember how crazy the transformation is when korina gets clear coated. Its going to look awesome. I would think dye it red though, to go better with the neck.

Back