12.17.20 snow

Rick

Epic Member
2 feet snow in backyard.  Falling at an inch an hour.  Won't stop for 3 more hours. 19 F.  Anyone else get snow?

Hans and Frans laugh at your girly snow.  Ha. Ha.

Actually we don't have a lot at the moment, only about a cm or so, although we typically get a big dump of it by Christmas.  Last year we had about 2m of accumulation (that's 6 feet don't-cha-know).

it is -17C out there currently... and I'm heading out to the butcher to get meat for BBQ burgers for tonight!  :headbang:

Only a cm?  Must be that southern part of Canada. Typically we get 4 feet give or take 2 feet a season.  I'm going out now to do the first snow throwing.  My machine shoots it 40 feet.  It's going to fun then we go cross country skiing.

Not so much snow (yet) in Quebec either, only a few inches accumulated, but at least it will be white for Christmas.

Mayfly said:

Actually we don't have a lot at the moment, only about a cm or so, although we typically get a big dump of it by Christmas.  Last year we had about 2m of accumulation (that's 6 feet don't-cha-know).

it is -17C out there currently... and I'm heading out to the butcher to get meat for BBQ burgers for tonight!  :headbang:

No back-bacon?

PhilHill said:
Mayfly said:

No back-bacon?

I'll be frying up some other-kind-of-bacon for sure!  But I'll be doing that indoors...

Total 28 inches.  I've been in Quebec during the winter festival .... Man you guys get snow .... I remember the snow 6 feet high and the streets were like tunnels.

PhilHill said:
Mayfly said:

No back-bacon?
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DTwLqR071M&t=143s[/youtube]

DangerousR6 said:
PhilHill said:
Mayfly said:

No back-bacon?

Take off, hoser.................... :laughing11: :headbang:

PhilHill said:
DangerousR6 said:
PhilHill said:
Mayfly said:

No back-bacon?

Take off, hoser.................... :laughing11: :headbang:
:toothy12:

We've had barely an inch so far in SE Michigan. Sun's out right now and starting to melt off the little accumulation on the concrete.

Conversely, northern MI has had several inches come down already. Had to ask my wife's cousin to run his plow truck on our driveway up there or else we wouldn't be able to pull in and get inside (got some guitars sitting in the workshop up there, waiting for more work).

I need to defrost my freezer. We did have freezing rain two nights this week. Freezing rain is always fun - the northerns like to make fun of us for not being able to "drive on snow" and then come to find out nobody drives well on ice.... Lots of 4wd's with Ohio and NY plates in the ditch in Cary (The Containment Area for Relocated Yankees)

when i lived in New England for a while I got sick of all the snow. "fluffy sky lemons" we called it, cuz lol, who likes lemons? and like I always say, when god gives you lemons, find a new god. for me that meant going back to the greater st Louis area where the measurable amount of sky lemons we get per annual is fairly modest.

Tonight, shot of vodka, soak in the hot tub, shot of vodka,  then roll around in the snow then back in the hot tub.
Tomorrow cross country ski.  Life is gooood.

BroccoliRob said:
when god gives you lemons, find a new god.

I like it. Consider it stolen henceforth.

(also learned that the rest of the world outside of the US has a very different interpretation of "lemonade," thus making that idiom completely nonsensical)

swarfrat said:
the northerns like to make fun of us for not being able to "drive on snow" and then come to find out nobody drives well on ice....

Happens even up here in MI, too.  Lots of these trailer-hitch-testicle fools driving like maniacs in bad weather, forgetting that 4WD doesn't mean "4-wheel stop."

(then there's my idiot self driving a RWD Dodge Charger despite Michigan winters....)

NedRyerson said:
(then there's my idiot self driving a RWD Dodge Charger despite Michigan winters....)

I always think of this song for sideways corner driving.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNt5FnMK2sM[/youtube]

stratamania said:
NedRyerson said:

I always think of this song for sideways corner driving.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNt5FnMK2sM[/youtube]
:laughing11:

You guys just need to lean into the skid.  Make the skid work for you in that corner.

Back