12.17.20 snow

Mayfly said:
You guys just need to lean into the skid.  Make the skid work for you in that corner.

I'll try to remember that for when it snows year after next.

rick2 said:
2 feet snow in backyard.  Falling at an inch an hour.  Won't stop for 3 more hours. 19 F.  Anyone else get snow?

We got about a foot of snow over the course of about 16 hours. Not terrible, but just enough of that and wind to make my workplace close early on the 16 and stay closed the 17th.

A lot of people grumble about schools and things getting closed because of snow (because forecast might not be accurate), but I tend to appreciate it. Leaves the roads clearer for the plows and emergency vehicles.

Plus there is nothing worse than leaving work while things have already gotten bad.
Last year we got an early snowstorm, the local municipalities REALLY dropped the ball. Didn't brine the roads and didn't yet stock their salt/sand.
My typical commute is 25 minutes. It took my five hours to get home, four hours of which were the last 3 miles. I'd have parked and walked but I had a guitar (1950's Martin) with me.
The worst bit was it wasn't even a bad snowfall (maybe five inches?), but hit at the right time--and was just the right "type" of snow to make tractor trailers jack knife, etc.

Back