Favorite mixed drink

jalane said:
Brandy & Diet Coke (I STRONGLY prefer brandy straight up, but this thread is about mixed drinks). 

My college roommates came up with an amazing drink that was once my favorite, but I vow to never taste, smell, or even look at it again...  Tanqueray & V8 Splash (we preferred the Kiwi-Strawberry kind, but obviously any flavor of V8 splash works).  We called it the Taint Lick.  One night we drank it out of bowls because all of our cups and glasses were dirty.  It's hard to accurately gauge how much alcohol you're pouring into a bowl.  That was the last night i ever drank a Taint Lick. 
This is why you have an over supply of measuring jugs at university/ college,  :laughing7: :laughing7:

Vodka with......anything.  It's the perfect liquor, it really does mix with almost anything

well as of 9 thirty this morning it has been captain morgans and fruit juice, but I have an excuse, I am welding

If I'm somewhere that doesn't have a decent Bordeaux at a minimum available, I drink Tanqueray and club soda with a slice of lime; that's how I Tanqueray...

Bombay sapphire and tonic, or a good margarita, strong and not very sweet. Hennessey VSOP is good. That's about it.

Mixed drink I like martinis, but mostly drink straight bourbon.

I'm a big fan of Mojitos.  Freaking delicious, especially when it's hot out. 

BTW, if anyone ever orders you a Cement Mixer, just say no.  And avoid that person's company.  Forever.  They're not your friend.

hannaugh said:
I'm a big fan of Mojitos.  Freaking delicious, especially when it's hot out.  

BTW, if anyone ever orders you a Cement Mixer, just say no.  And avoid that person's company.  Forever.  They're not your friend.

Cement Mixers sound DISGUSTING! I remember once when I was like 6, I tried mixing milk, lemon juice and carbonated water together in roughly equal proportions in a big glass. It was so bad that I almost vomited. I'm going to have to assume that a Cement Mixer tastes something like that.

FWIW, I'm not a fan of Mojitos. Something about mint and rum doesn't work for me.  :dontknow:

whatever has a funny name or a funny straw... like those drinks in New Orleans... :icon_biggrin:

Märkeaux said:
whatever has a funny name or a funny straw... like those drinks in New Orleans... :icon_biggrin:

Marko likes to sip the monkey gland from a silly straw.

cement mixers, ughk,  the lime juice makes the baileys curdle an then it sticks to your teeth and taste disgusting, plus after a few of those shots your stomach is curdleing from the mix

you are right, they are not your friend.

Now, when I Bartend I have some great shots I get the party moving with: The girls love one called Blowjobs, they suck that one up real nice, but they always love Kahlua drinks, then Irish carbombs go over good as well as watermelon shooters,  Secret to bartending is to read the party, you want to get it going, then you monitor the drinkers mixing the drinks so no one ends up puking in the front yard. I have a few friends that can pull it off and are great to have tend bar at your parties, I tend to pass out shots till the girls are all loopy and then turn on the lights by the pole and watch the fun begin.  I am sooooooooooo bad.

NyQuil Fizzy: 2 shots of Green Death and club soda, with ice.

Doesn't matter what it tastes like; 5 minutes later, you're in the coma.

Captain morgans,
Famous Grouse,
Black grouse,
Vodka,

not all together  :laughing3:

mixers of:
coke,
lemonade,
apple juice
etc.

And dont like self mixed morgans spiced with coke but the new cans theyre selling now in supermarkets here of it mixed with coke already, pretty tasty  :toothy10:

My buddy and the hockey team he plays on came up with a drink called the Bear Fight.  It's an Irish Car Bomb. Chased with a Jager Bomb.  When you experience what happens in your stomach afterwards, you understand why it's called a Bear Fight.

My cat throws up if she gets the teeniest drop of dairy. And yet she LOVES the stuff. If you don't rinse your cereal bowl, or yogurt containers, or leave a glass sitting out - she will find it like it's a magnet.

I don't drink to excess,  but I can understand the desire of some to get bombed. But I don't get repeatedly doing stuff that makes you sicker than a dog, sometimes even while you're drinking it.  If I puked every time I drank something, I think I'd leave it alone. Some of these things you guys are talking about.. I just don't get. Cement Mixers? Bear Fight? Uh no thanks.  (And I don't dare let the cat drink, cause I'm afraid she'd be a mean drunk. She's already 'high maintenance'.)

hannaugh said:
Well, Cement Mixers are a party foul penalty drink.  No one orders them for themself. 

It makes me sad to think that people are wasting Bailey's for that though. :sad:

Back