Favorite mixed drink

Graffiti62

Lately I've been taking a slight curve away from cracking a beer lately. The grocery store had Seagram's 7 on sale a little while ago, and I bought a bottle of it, and have been on kind of a Seven & 7 detour. Plus, I've also been watching Trailer Park Boys lately, and, if you're not familiar with the show, one of the characters (Julian) always has a glas of rum and coke with him, no matter the situation (driving, making love, committing a crime, etc.).

Made me think of a fun topic:  what's your're favorite mixed drink or coctail?

Margaritas. :icon_biggrin:

If it weren't for all the sugar and the booze, I could drink them all day long.

I prefer a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen poured over a glass of Ice

now about booze, I can see no reason to ruin the fine taste of booze by mixing it with something so I drink Stoli's over ice

I wouldn't know of any of this because i'm to young.....  :icon_biggrin:

but I HEARD that homemade lemonade and a bit of Tennessee jack goes down a well, almost too ridiculously well, soo well that you kinda loose track of how many you've had.

Gin & tonic with a slice of lime, but it has to be Beefeater's gin. Everything else tastes like cheap perfume to me. If I can't get Beefeater's, then it's vodka & tonic with a slice of lime, and I don't usually call the brand on vodka. Kinda pointless, like bottled water outside of Mexico.

But, generally speaking, I don't drink liquor. I tend to drink it like beer so I get too much too fast and end up snot-slingin' drunk, which I don't enjoy at all.

it is 8 in the morning and we are talking about drinking, think the stereotypes we were discussing earlier may be true, such as musicians are lushes?

Time of day means nothing. What if you've been up since 8 last night? For 3rd shifters, entertainers who work until 3 or 4 in the morning, retired old curmudgeons, etc. this is the end of the day, not the beginning.

Brandy & Diet Coke (I STRONGLY prefer brandy straight up, but this thread is about mixed drinks). 

My college roommates came up with an amazing drink that was once my favorite, but I vow to never taste, smell, or even look at it again...  Tanqueray & V8 Splash (we preferred the Kiwi-Strawberry kind, but obviously any flavor of V8 splash works).  We called it the Taint Lick.  One night we drank it out of bowls because all of our cups and glasses were dirty.  It's hard to accurately gauge how much alcohol you're pouring into a bowl.  That was the last night i ever drank a Taint Lick. 

Back