your opinion my my proposed first build!

zero_hero

hi all,
ive been a long time fan of warmoth and the service they provide, but never had the funds to buy anything...... well i have since grown a little older and a little wiser, and i feel i am ready to start my first build!

this is what i have come up with, please comment about your expectations of the tone and the aesthetics.

Tele deluxe

black korina body, flame maple top, black dye finish

strat neck (standard thin) walnut with ebony finger board, clear satin finish

fender humbucker in bridge, rio grande texas humbucker in neck (zebra)

gloss black standard tele deluxe pickguard

2 black and 2 parchment strat knobs (one vol and tone of each)

black bridge (dunno which one yet) probably a fixed strat

those are the basic details for now....
i have never heard black korina but have heard wonderful things about it.... and whether these woods will work im not 100% sure, so your comments are appreciated.

also if anyone considers them selves a photoshop wiz and would like the challenge of doing a mock-up picture... please dont hesitate!

cheers everyone,

dan

Not sure about Walnut... Would choose a wood that don't need finish... Also think the brown headstock on a entire black guitar will look funny... :p

Think you should go for Rio Grande on both positions or boutique pickups...
And think will look better if you get all knobs with the same color and NO-FREAKING-PICKGUARD :laughing7:

NonsenseTele said:
Not sure about Walnut... Would choose a wood that don't need finish... Also think the brown headstock on a entire black guitar will look funny... :p

Think you should go for Rio Grande on both positions or boutique pickups...
And think will look better if you get all knobs with the same color and NO-FREAKING-PICKGUARD :laughing7:

Point taken with the brown / black.... i just saw a neck on showcase that i thought would match quite well (but it will always look different in real life!)

i have a thing for mismatched knobs.... i have a marcus miller sig j bass with has 2 70s knobs and 2 chrome (and thats standard issue on that model) so i like the idea of having different knobs.

both Rio Grande.... is that a cosmetic thing or a sonic thing?

Well, not sure about... But don't know anything of it, I think I saw a topic about these here once, you should give it a search....

I definitely recommend an unfinished exotic neck.  Wenge seems like it would work well with your build.  The different colored knobs sounds like a cool idea.  I agree with NonsenseTele that you shouldn't get a pickguard and get two Rio Grande pickups.

Overall sound like a cool build can't wait to see it done!  :icon_thumright:

Edit:  I made a kisekae (guitar building program  http://www.nymphusa.com/kisekae/8.0/tele8001/base.asp) and I actually think it looks kind of "naked" without the pickguard.  I actually think that about most teles now that I think about it...

im not a fan of naked teles.... other then brad paisley's ones.

that guitar making program is awesome!!!!

really puts things in perspective, but i cant quite recreate the black dye look.

zero_hero said:
im not a fan of naked teles.... other then brad paisley's ones.

that guitar making program is awesome!!!!

really puts things in perspective, but i cant quite recreate the black dye look.

I just got a flame maple top, put black paint on it, and put more transparency in it.  Got pretty close. 

Back