You all best be sitting down before you look at this

musicispeace

This just keeps leaping out at me and is truly a sight to behold. I'd hate to put more than one pickup in it. Not my style alas but wow.......

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?Body=2&Shape=1&Path=Stratocaster&i=PS10574#.VgOGUdJVhBc

Daaaang. That's an impressive finish, like looking into the ocean on some remote tropical island. Thanks for posting it, now please go buy it so I can stop thinking about it, haha!

The color is nice, but it looks very incomplete to me, with the backside not sprayed with tinted clear to match. Was it too much work for the paint crew to color a tint that matched the dye?

Wow, that is an awesome color.

I'm actually the total opposite of line6man, I love that they didn't spray the back with a tint. I think a tint on the back makes it look cheap.

I'm also a sucker for cleared mahogany. If it was alder or something I would probably be singing a different tune.

Love the colour too.

I'm a bit on the fence about the clear mahogany back. I'd lean more toward a complimentary transparent finish or even black.

I rather like the cleared mahogany back myself. I like the contrast. And the fact that it's a really pretty piece of mahogany doesn't hurt either.

stratamania said:
Love the colour too.

I'm a bit on the fence about the clear mahogany back. I'd lean more toward a complimentary transparent finish or even black.

Warmoth frequently seems to go with a clear back on mahogany when they put a fancy front on it. I don't generally mind that but I end up more on the fence about binding appearing on every single example of something like I posted in the link. I still think this one would make a pretty outrageous guitar. They do some great looking work but I think the ones that had me dumbstruck prior to this were the two tele bodies with Macassar Ebony on the front. I just like looking at this one. Whew.....

Love it as is or with a transparent brown back!  Would prefer white or cream binding, though.

musicispeace said:
stratamania said:
Love the colour too.

Warmoth frequently seems to go with a clear back on mahogany when they put a fancy front on it. I don't generally mind that but I end up more on the fence about binding appearing on every single example of something like I posted in the link. I still think this one would make a pretty outrageous guitar. They do some great looking work but I think the ones that had me dumbstruck prior to this were the two tele bodies with Macassar Ebony on the front. I just like looking at this one. Whew.....

Indeed. It's a looker at the front for sure.  :eek:ccasion14:

that is really nice.  I have been on a green/turquoise binge lately.  Very classy and would look killer with a Canary, and GA neck. 

I actually like the transparent back. For some reason, it makes me think "surfboard", from the specific color and the grain lines. Like you're "riding the waves". But that's just me.  :tard:

Either way, if I wasn't already deep in a project, I'd be looking to scrounge up money to buy it in a heartbeat.

It's growing on me each time I've looked at it.

Some of the really interesting parts of the grain will get routed for pickups and bridge.

White pickguard, 3 single coil pickups.... maybe a sticker on the upper bout..  :tard:

:icon_jokercolor:

Back