YHGTBFKM.

bagman67

Epic Member
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-Paul-Reed-Smith-Explorer-86-Rare-One-off-Vintage-Mint-/270908717141?pt=Guitar&hash=item3f136af855#ht_7511wt_1392

If bogus, you gotta applaud the naked ballsiness of the move.

<EDIT> I just coined a new phrase:  Elephantiasis-of-the-price-tag.  Y'all can use it if you want.

If genuine, the price tag is obscenely, ridiculously high, and the seller should perhaps huff a little less of the gold spray paint before firing up Teh Interwebz.
0721051gold1.jpg

I Can Haz Ecksplorer!

I thought that was built for Billy Gibbons??? how did this seller get this guitar is what i want to know.

Who knows.  If it is indeed Rev. Gibbons's guitar, this could be his agent or something, or maybe someone who bought it and thinks they can turn an enormous profit.  Even rock stars don't keep all their gear forever.  Clapton's turned a few beat up old guitars into some pretty large piles of liquid cash.

Bagman67 said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-Paul-Reed-Smith-Explorer-86-Rare-One-off-Vintage-Mint-/270908717141?pt=Guitar&hash=item3f136af855#ht_7511wt_1392

If bogus, you gotta applaud the naked ballsiness of the move.

<EDIT> I just coined a new phrase:  Elephantiasis-of-the-price-tag.  Y'all can use it if you want.

If genuine, the price tag is obscenely, ridiculously high, and the seller should perhaps huff a little less of the gold spray paint before firing up Teh Interwebz.
0721051gold1.jpg

I Can Haz Ecksplorer!

Attachments

• untitled1.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 290
You missed his other auction of an obviously fake "58 LP"....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1958-Gibson-Les-Paul-Custom-58-Celebrity-owned-Used-Rock-History-RARE-/270908730216?pt=Guitar&hash=item3f136b2b68#ht_1561wt_1139

I sure can't hang with a fake '58 LP at $350 large; I guess I'll have to settle for the $1800 '57(ish) Klusons that were, honest-to-gosh, used on Mary Kaye Strats!

The ad-copy is mindblowingly lame. At the prices he's asking, you'd expect a more sophisticated con.

actually 58 custom headstocks did come like the ebay posting shows.

... looks pretty clean for a 58 though.

$350,000? are you shitting me? and whats with all the copywritted pictures? all violators will be hunted down.

This is the type of screwball I'd like to bitch slap 

He's been trying to sell the PRS Explorer for a long time. I know one was built, but no idea if his is the real thing.

Mayfly by VOX said:
actually 58 custom headstocks did come like the ebay posting shows.

... looks pretty clean for a 58 though.

My bad; went back and checked, I thought those started 59/60 models, but was wrong.

I still think there's something pretty fishy about this listing; typically if a guitar was owned by someone famous and they're asking that kind of money (or a lot less) the name of the former owner is prominent, and there's not even a pic of the back of the headstock with the serial number or any other pics that could establish the axe's bona fides as a 1958 model...

Back