Yay, a new feature

Nice!  :icon_thumright:

Hmm, I wonder how much extra clearance this buys you on pot shafts.  :icon_scratch:

Blue313 said:

Hmm, I wonder how much extra clearance this buys you on pot shafts.  :icon_scratch:
How ever much it is, I wish I had it on my soloist now, I bought short shaft pots and they don't fit.

While I think it's cool, and now "I want it", the dimples will make it that much harder to finish properly.

I don't understand why they are recessing a control hole for a 3-way switch? Would make more sense if the hole was drilled 3/8" for a rotary switch?

dbw said:
Recessed controls a la PRS!  :headbang1:

welcome back to earth dbw, wylee had revieled this in another thread.... I think it was in the double lam top thread....:icon_biggrin:

so I guess I missed something....whats a double lamtop?  Is it a first lamination of a plain wood for the arch and a figured wood on top of that?

thumb55 said:
so I guess I missed something....whats a double lamtop?  Is it a first lamination of a plain wood for the arch and a figured wood on top of that?

It's a doubled laminate top, with a lower grade topped by 5A+ quilt or flame to keep costs down and make more tops from same ever more limited supplies of figured maple that quality. The knob recessing can't be duplicated on a DL top as the CNC machining for the recesses would go through the first laminate.

Blue313 said:

It doesn't. The recessed control holes come with a new rear rout in which the pot locations have less wood relief. What you'll see looking in the control cavity is 3 small flat top bumps that add back the wood thickness the recess removed from the other side. You will still need the long shaft pots like Warmoth sells to get through that carved top.

We're putting a finish on a few so we'll get to see them in a month or so.

:dontknow:

Why bother?

If ever there was a *trendy* guitar where people get 'em just to look "cool" and brag about owning one, the PRS's take the cake.

In fact, I'll bet more non-musicians play PRS's than actual musicians.

Never been a fan... ever.

Why bother?

Increased sustain, sparklier harmonics, punchier transparent liquidity, and above all, more scooped spanky meat than a boxcar full of Floyd! :party07:

(my resume's in yer fax machine dudes, 75c a word....) :toothy10:

NonsenseTele said:
Gregg said:
To sell more bodies and make money.

This phrase alone is very embarassing  :laughing3:

Nothing wrong in making money if the product is good and the price isn't in the stratosphere.

(which can't really be said for a lot of big name guitar manufacturers - esp. those that start with a "G" or "F")

Superlizard said:
NonsenseTele said:
Gregg said:
To sell more bodies and make money.
This phrase alone is very embarassing :laughing3:
Nothing wrong in making money if the product is good and the price isn't in the stratosphere.
(which can't really be said for a lot of big name guitar manufacturers - esp. those that start with a "G" or "F")

I tryed to give a sexual connotation :laughing7:

Will these be available in different sizes? I too would like to get these on a soloist carved top, but with dome knobs. The diameter of these routes look like they would be flush for barrel knobs but are going to leave dome knobs swimming. 

misplacedsanity said:
Will these be available in different sizes? I too would like to get these on a soloist carved top, but with dome knobs. The diameter of these routes look like they would be flush for barrel knobs but are going to leave dome knobs swimming. 

Just what you see there.  There's quite a bit of programming involved in making those!

Wyliee said:
misplacedsanity said:

Just what you see there.  There's quite a bit of programming involved in making those!
It'd take me about 10 minutes...

Back