Xotic pedals.....

jackthehack

Epic Member
Though a little pricey, these things absolutely rock out; just bought the BB pedal; may get some other items from them. Follow links to great video demo'ing the BB and AC pedals....

http://www.prosoundcommunications.com/english/xotic/effects/bb_preamp/

I've got the AC pedal, my thought is, it seems to boost the signal and also the noise, so why dont I just turn up the amp volume?

I'm sure it's a good pedal, but it doesn't seem to do anything but boost volume, no apparent change in the tone or whatever. I guess maybe that is the intent, for lead playing.

I bought it after watching a couple demos online, and of course they put stuff on there to make it sound like an incredible improvement.

It's just OK, actually, maybe it's awesome, but it's just a boost pedal, not an effect.

I shoulda bought the BB

I have the BB, it is the most tranparent booster/OD pedal I have ever heard.

I checked out the site, very nice little vid clips. I'm definitely going to my music store to try one.

I told myself, " no pedals, no pedals, no pedals ". (Oh well, one little one won't hurt anything.)

Thanks for the tip !

The BB has more "balls" than the AC, but I've been running mine with gain typically set 33-50%, great boost tone, doesn't sound "artificial", pretty quiet noise-wise

Back