Wyliee Please...

Altar said:
Ibanez s style body shape.
More Gecko neck woods.
TV Jones for jazzcaster.
More headstock/body shapes for gecko bass.
7 string inlays on 6 string guitars.
Optional matching wood cover plates.
Something like fender offset special.
Jazzmaster trem route on telecaster bodies.

Thoughts?

Getting back on track....  My personal opinion is the overall demand for much of this is very limited.  How many of these are you ready to buy now?

Wyliee said:
Altar said:
Ibanez s style body shape.
More Gecko neck woods.
TV Jones for jazzcaster.
More headstock/body shapes for gecko bass.
7 string inlays on 6 string guitars.
Optional matching wood cover plates.
Something like fender offset special.
Jazzmaster trem route on telecaster bodies.

Thoughts?

Getting back on track....  My personal opinion is the overall demand for much of this is very limited.  How many of these are you ready to buy now?
I'm saving for a gecko build, and I would like more than wenge or maple. I would also like my gecko to not look like like every other out there, whats the point of custom if you have no choice? I'm making/ have made wood control panels for most of my guitars, and I wouldn't mind paying an extra 10 or so bucks for a matching cover. I like the Ibanez s shape, and I do think others would as well, although I'll admit I'm not looking to buy one. I'm planning a jazzcaster build for sometime next year and want a jazzcaster trem and tv jones in bridge, although if there was something like an offset special, I would change my plans.

Thanks for reading my pointless blabber. I hope you will consider my ideas, and take my input as it is - an opinion.

Altar said:
I'm saving for a gecko build, and I would like more than wenge or maple.

Who says you have to have Wenge or Maple?
Start by searching up Tubby.Twins' collection. He's got Maple, Wenge, Canary, Bubinga, Zebrawood, Purpleheart, etc.

line6man said:
Altar said:

Start by searching up Tubby.Twins' collection. He's got Maple, Wenge, Canary, Bubinga, Zebrawood, Purpleheart, etc.
In the neck builder it only has those 2, so I assumed the rest were custom order. Is it more expensive to do others?

Altar said:
line6man said:
Altar said:

In the neck builder it only has those 2, so I assumed the rest were custom order. Is it more expensive to do others?

Obviously every wood has a different cost. Often, raw necks work out cheaper than finished ones.
There is currently only one Gecko neck in the showcase, but check it every-so-often to see if what you like pops up.

Side note, anything you do in the builder already is a custom order.

line6man said:
Altar said:
line6man said:
Altar said:

Obviously every wood has a different cost. Often, raw necks work out cheaper than finished ones.
There is currently only one Gecko neck in the showcase, but check it every-so-often to see if what you like pops up.

But choosing stuff that's not in body builder is generally not standard and thus costly...

Altar said:
line6man said:
Altar said:
line6man said:
Altar said:

But choosing stuff that's not in body builder is generally not standard and thus costly...

Any time you do something non-standard in a production-oriented environment, it's going to drive up the costs. The difference with Gecko necks is that they feature a laminated construction that is not common to other necks. This means they have to rip the wood to glue in the laminates. Once they start ripping wood blanks for Gecko necks, they've got to sell it. That means they either do one-off showcase pieces every-so-often, charge extra for the labor in production to give you a custom order, or stick rigidly to what sells. There is no option to get whatever you like that doesn't sell, without paying up, because then they would be losing money.

line6man said:
Altar said:
line6man said:
Altar said:
line6man said:
Altar said:

Any time you do something non-standard in a production-oriented environment, it's going to drive up the costs. The difference with Gecko necks is that they feature a laminated construction that is not common to other necks. This means they have to rip the wood to glue in the laminates. Once they start ripping wood blanks for Gecko necks, they've got to sell it. That means they either do one-off showcase pieces every-so-often, charge extra for the labor in production to give you a custom order, or stick rigidly to what sells. There is no option to get whatever you like that doesn't sell, without paying up, because then they would be losing money.
So while with most necks wenge would cost the same as canary, canary would be more expensive in this enviroment?

Altar said:
line6man said:
Altar said:
line6man said:
Altar said:

So while with most necks wenge would cost the same as canary, canary would be more expensive in this enviroment?

Other neck woods are done in smaller batches when sufficiently large blanks are available.  Since supply is inconsistent, there is no way to make them regular offerings.  The small batch blanks tend to cost more. 

It just so happens there are a handful of custom Gecko necks in the shop.  Email your specs to sales@warmoth.com and they can see if it is available.

oh, no. The last time I inquired to that address, I was greeted by a man named ronnie. He promised to check on my question and email soon. A month later, i haven't heard back. Could you pm me what's in stock? No wide necks.

how about making the Dinky look like an RG(pointy horns) or a JEM for a small fee?

I'm not saying a perfect copy...

Back