Writing on the guitar

it's just research.  it's like if i chose a message, then someone says, "well why didn't you write... ?"  and they put it much nicer.  then i'm SOL.  i'm just getting some input.    for example, i hadn't thought of PLAY LOUD, but i really dig it.  it can be taken as so much more than the surface-meaning.  like let your voice be heard and take nothing back.  that's a kind of message i want.  and it's simple, to the point, and brilliant.  sometimes you just need to open your horizon to what other people think.  it's still *my* message to others.

How about...

"Everyone sucks but I suck less"   -   Ted Nugent

"My Life Style is my Death style"   -   James Hetfield

Hey MindTool, I'm agreeing with the comments that suggest if you want something written on your guitar then write it.  Like the comment about don't get a tattoo if you don't know what you want.  I don't mean to be mean or anything, I understand looking for ideas.

Do you write music?  Perhaps you might have a favorite lyric you would like immortalized on your guitar.  Or, is there something a parent or mentor or hero says that you identify with?  Maybe that would be an awesome way to pay your respect to that person.

I don't know.  Just my $0.02.  Good luck!  I don't think there is any way you could make a "wrong" decision.

"It's better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees" Midnight Oil : "The Power and The Passion" One of my more favourable lines in a song.

Hey Ozzie Pete, I don't think Midnight Oil was the originator of that line.  It is usually attributed to Emiliano Zapata.

Back