Writing on the guitar

mindtool

I'm looking for something to write on the guitar.  something short, profound, and inspirational.  maybe even just cool.  for example, Tom Morello's "Soul Power", "Arm the Homeless", or "Whatever it Takes".
If it makes any difference, it's going to be a white strat body with ALL black hardware.
Does anybody have any ideas?

so far i've come up with, "Live Free", but i don't think it's moving enough.

I think if you don't know what you want to write, you shouldn't write anything.  Like they say if you don't know what you want to get a tattoo of, you shouldn't get one at all.

well i don't want to say that *i'm proud and free.  i want it to move others.
like, "fight for freedom" or something.  

dbw said:
I think if you don't know what you want to write, you shouldn't write anything.  Like they say if you don't know what you want to get a tattoo of, you shouldn't get one at all.

i hope i'll know when it comes.
as of now, i'm not writing anything.  but given enough input, i may find something that really inspires me. and then i'll want to spread that message.

plus new paint is way cheaper than tattoo removal ;-)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Thomas Jefferson

"The flag is just a piece of cloth.  What the flag represents is the freedom...  ta BURN the F***ing FLAG."

(Paraphrased from a Bill Hicks routine)

Listening to music makes one invincible. - Henry David Thoreau

There is no fear in music - Shelby Lynne

The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music. - Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Without music, life would be a mistake. - Friedrich Nietzsche

It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government. - Thomas Paine   

dbw said:

Seriously. I think, just on principle, you should be on your own for this one, mindtool.

this is just inspiration.  getting a bunch of quotes in my head.  the final product will be my own.

but i know exactly what you mean

"America - Love It Or Leave It." - anonymous

"Blaming guns for crime is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'Donnell's obesity." - Travis McGee

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his." - General George S. Patton Jr.

"Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country." - JFK

:headbang1:

"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent" - Isaac Asimov

"Answers will come through the guitar" - Robert Fripp

I like the NH State moto "Live Free or Die". --General John Stark-- at the Batlle of Bunker Hill.

Another couple of nuggets I thought of:

"Everything is going extremely well" - HAL 9000, 2001: A Space Odyssey

"F*ck it" (a classic that's stood the test of time!)

Edit: got censored :(

"In a society where everybody is guilty, the only crime is getting caught."    :laughing7:

Back