Would warmoth build it?

Nick M

hello,

i was thinking about making an old Kramer Baretta replica, do you think Warmoth would build one of the 1983 ibanez destroyer like head stocks that came on the first barettas?

was just wondering.

thanks guys.

Which one is that? I may have a neck for you here. I have a couple of old Kramer necks that still have the logos on them. I'll let you have the neck if I have it. All you'll need to pay is the postage.
MULLY
but you should know that it would be coming from Japan

hey and thanks :icon_smile:,the neck im looking for would have come off the first barettas (according to vintage kramer only about 250 of them left the shop) you could probably sell a neck from one for a 1,000$ or at least around there which is way to much to give away for free..

ive always been a charvel guy but ive always wanted a white baretta and have put off getting one/making a mutt for awhile.

one like this..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kramer-Baretta-1983-Holy-Grail-Non-Tilt-Headstock-EVH_W0QQitemZ270544371033QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item3efdb37d59

thanks-Nick

Warmoth will build it if you send in an exact scale drawing of the headstock you want. Really though, an explorer style would get you pretty close.

AutoBat said:
How is that different than the KWS headstock?
It's basically the same from what I see, except the original one he's talking about were the non-angled hockey stick style...I have one, but it's the Striker ST100, which was the Jap version.... :dontknow:

dangerous pretty much hit the nail on the head.

ill see if i can find/draw the hockey stick style to scale,if not i might just end up going with a KWS.

-Nick

Nick M said:
dangerous pretty much hit the nail on the head.

ill see if i can find/draw the hockey stick style to scale,if not i might just end up going with a KWS.

-Nick
The KWS is pretty close, just not elongated like the old Kramer. You might be able to locate an old ESP hockey stick neck, since ESP built the majority of the early kramer necks... :dontknow:

Death by Uberschall said:
I don't think the KWS is angled. It should be the same neck that's on my Frankenstrat, it's a Warmoth Pro and it's not angled.
Then there ya go, I didn't realize the KWS wasn't angled... :dontknow:

That neck is the same size and shape as the ESP Lynch headstock. The first jpg should print 1:1. if I recall correctly.

While I'm at it, here's the 'Beak' headstock too!

Hey thanks man :eek:ccasion14:

Ive been exploring the forum a bit its really cool.

so if i print that out,do i send it to warmoth in the mail?or email or call in?

Thanks-Nick.

I think I've said that before, but I'd really like to see Warmoth offer those Baretta bodies. Some may say it's just a Strat, but that's not true. The old ones almost look like they put a Strat into Photoshop and used the 'warp' function and stretched it here and there. Those old Baretta bodiea are actually really comfortable and look totally cool IMHO.

Speaking about the KWS. What do the letters stand for (sorry for my ignorance) and which headstock does it come closest to in your opinion ?

Kramer Warmoth Stock maybe.

I just bought a Marshall Jcm Dsl 100..hoping to get the kramer body/neck next.

I havnt built a Warmoth..but thats next on my list.

Back