Wizard Warping??? AM I OK???

DangerousR6 said:
-CB- said:
jackthehack said:
A new "American" Strat with case was like $350 + tax. Early 60's Strats were $200-250 in pawn shops; early 60's LPs $400-450

Yah it was 72.  I paid $186 for the Telecaster, plus $36 for the hardshell case....just as a comparison to the LP
Hahahahaha.....that was a total shot in the dark..... :icon_biggrin:
Why?  I said it was 72 when I first mentioned it?

-CB- said:
DangerousR6 said:
-CB- said:
jackthehack said:
A new "American" Strat with case was like $350 + tax. Early 60's Strats were $200-250 in pawn shops; early 60's LPs $400-450

Yah it was 72.  I paid $186 for the Telecaster, plus $36 for the hardshell case....just as a comparison to the LP
Actually you said it was a 1974......

DangerousR6 said:
-CB- said:
DangerousR6 said:
-CB- said:
jackthehack said:

Actually you said it was a 1974......

And in those days Gibson would have still been at Kalamazoo, so setting a guitar alight at some poor souls doorstep in Nashville in those days would have had no relevance to the manufacturer.  :sad:

It could have been... trying to think here... I got my Tele in  72 THAT much I know.  And it was... a little while after that, the next year  think.

And now I'm thinking my Tele could have been a 71.  I was a freshman in HS.  I was a junior when I got the LP, and moved to Fl and it twisted all to hell.  BTW, it went from no AC in LiNY to full AC in Florida.... IOW it got drier, not wetter.

Well ya got the general idea of years.  Prices hadn't yet jumped lots from year to year at that point.

From my experience, some of it sad, fluctuations in temperature are much more likely to cause neck warpage than from humidity changes.

Yap that too, but the temperature didn't change all that much... I mean we were in the mid 70's up in NY - windows open, and mid 70's in FL, windows closed AC on.

One thing that got me going NUTS was how my Ovation was going sharp on me after I got it.  I never had that happen before with a guitar.  What it was.... as it turned out... is I recieved it in February, and here in Fl at that time of year, we're AC off.  Its our dry season, but still higher humidity than AC usage allows.  Good reason for a humidifier in your acoustic case, if you live in the AC world.

Back