wiring validation pt2

TBurst Std

LINK to pt1  pic
https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=33489.0

I have seen so many different wiring dias, some which I think are wrong, I am asking our wiring gurus here to take a look at my pic, and tell me if my plan is valid or needs correction. I will list out each connection by line item.

The parts:
2 humbucker pickups that are TAPPED, they are NOT split (think the tap is a coil and 1/2). 4 conductor. Hot Full, Hot Tapped, 2 grounds
2 push pull pots (Bornes). Looking for each one to control the tap of a pup (Vol - neck, tone - bridge)
2 grounding lugs
1 3way switchcraft toggle
1 tone cap
1 treble bleed circuit

The pic of them are on a template. I have already wired the commons of the push pull to the neck and bridge positions on the switch.

Plan:
wire Z to A
wire A to D with tone cap
wire B to jack tip (hot)
wire C to 1 (ground)
wire treble bleed to A and B
wire E to 2 (ground)
wire 2 to jack sleeve (ground)
wire 1 to 2
wire 2 to bridge (ground)

connect respective full and tap pup leads to (neck)10 & 11, as well as (bridge) 12 & 13

Connect pup grounds to 1

the tone control cap setup is ala 60s, like modern but less noise

Can you post a link to the original thread from a while ago where this is discussed which may be of help or describe what each component of the wiring is trying to achieve.

Oh it’s pretty basic.
2 humbucker pups , single tone and vol, 3 way toggle.

Using the Vol push pull to get either the full neck or tapped neck

Using the Tone push pull to get either the full bridge or tapped bridge

The commons of the switch portion of the pots to the 3 way toggle.

From there pretty std with a 60s to e co figuration and a treble bleed circuit (cap with resistor in parallel).

The parts:
2 humbucker pickups that are TAPPED, they are NOT split (think the tap is a coil and 1/2). 4 conductor. Hot Full, Hot Tapped, 2 grounds

What are these humbuckers and what are the wiring codes. I am sure we went through all of this back and forth in a previous thread but I don't know where it is or what these parts are from memory Did you try what was suggested there as I am loath to repeat this when it was already documented.

I don't really have any questions related to the pups, it's the tone circuit I am curious about.

But the pups are Zhanbuckers.
Wiring is:

White - hot (full)
Red - hot (tapped)
Black - ground
Bare - ground

for the neck pup:
wire white to 10
wire red to 11
wire black and bare to 1

for the bridge pup:
wire white to 12
wire red to 13
wire black and ground to 2

Make sure to see the photo in the pt1 of this topic

Thank you

Right so if there is no question you have about the pickups but just the tone part of the circuit please be specific about what it is you are curious about otherwise it is a guessing game.

Will the plan I laid out above, work with the picture I have in pt1?

IE: treble bleed connections, tone cap connections, tone pot ground

Can you draw it out?

I only have access to a small screen laptop at the moment and am unable to look at more than one post at a time.

Sorry, got busy with work and training.
And here I thought it would be easier to have 2 separate posts then simply toggle between tabs of those in a single browser window.

Here is the pic from the other thread. The connections are marked up as I originally referenced.
I'll see if I can draw out some illustrations and post them as well. Thinking 4 to keep the drawings simple:
1. volume-tone circuit
2. ground circuit
3. push pull pot circuit
4. termination circuits

Attachments

• wiring.jpg
    wiring.jpg
    555 KB · Views: 102
Looking to have this done by EOD Monday. Actually I think my wiring plans are good. Would just like confirmation as I would hate to undo it and fix it.

Before this horrible pic I will post I created in excel (I just drew out the tone circuit), here is a link.
Pictures 60s wiring with a treble bleed circuit between what they label as signal input and signal output.
Note cap connection to tone pot and how tone pot is grounded.

https://www.premierguitar.com/pro-advice/mod-garage-three-ways-to-wire-a-tone-pot

Glad I found that link as it illustrates what I am asking about. Heres the horrible drawing

Attachments

• IMG_4388.jpg
    IMG_4388.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 108
TBurst Std said:
Glad I found that link as it illustrates what I am asking about. Heres the horrible drawing

That part should work for what they refer to as "60s wiring"

If you think your plans are good, go forth and solder methodically. The worse that can happen is you end up having to troubleshoot something.

Back