Wiring diagram

Fish Out of Water

Hey guys.  Anyone have a wiring diagram for 2 humbuckers, each with their own push/pull volume pot, a master tone & a 3-way switch??  I checked the seymour duncan site among others and I looked at all of the other postings here and I haven't been able to locate one.  Can anybody help?

a master tone would need to go after the switch, it would work but would be after the volumes and may behave differently at diferent volume levels. a stacked pot (not concentric) like used in a blend control or fenders tbx control could be wired just like the diagrams with two tones, or a concentric pot could be used so you can have two tones but use just one hole.

2 Volume, Master Tone 3 way toggle...
wiring2VolMTone.jpg

wiring2vol3waySP.jpg

wiringVModernInd.jpg

OR....

tech10.jpg

need more..??

Hi,

I'm thinking about doing a similar wiring job. A quick question: I was going to use 500k pots for both the volumes and tone with a .02uF cap
on the tone. Also to prevent loss of treble I was going to use  .001uF caps on the volume controls.

What do you think?

i usually skip the treble-bleed stuff on humbucking pickups.. (unless wiring a single coil..)
correction : 0.022uf caps...

Actually, I have another question.  Both of my vol pots are push/pull pots for dual to single coil switching.  Is the wiring the same or is it different than the last diagram that you sent me?  I only ask because I have never wired for dual to single coil switching before.  Aren't there other wires involved besides just the positive and the ground?  My pickups are a JB in the bridge and a Jazz in the neck, both to be wired for independant volume control and dual to single coil switching with a master tone for both.  Sorry if I appear to be so dim witted about this...

1 push-pull can control 2 humbucker coil tap switching,, and use the other push-pull as series/parallel switch or anything that u might think off..
push-pull pot is just a switch,,, (dpdt=double pole double throw) when wiring coil tap/humbucker split u only need to use single pole.. thats why u can wired both pickup coil tap on one switch only..

as a reference, wired the other (red-white) to the first push-pull (shown here with one p/u only)... now you have both pickups coil tap with another push-pull for series/parallel switch... \
http://www.seymourduncan.com/pdfs/support/schematics/phase_switch_coil_split_hb.pdf 

hey mann.. u can ask anybody/anyone here... they will help.. its like a curse.. caoz Warmoth give them such a great looking guitars including me..

Thanks for your help brownsound.  I think that I'll be able to take it from here.  Now, I just have to wait for that guitar to get here...

no sweat... there's a lot of mod u can do with push-pull pot...
make sure u solder it nicely (wet-joint).. seal those solder joint with heat-shrink tubing...lastly.. GROUNDING and SHIELDING is super important... a humbucker is supposed to be quite...

Back