Which sunburst would look coolest???

Z

zompocalypse

I was going to make an SG and I thought it would be really cool to get it in sunburst because you usually never see that but I didn't know which sunburst would look the coolest. Any advice???

actually.... the best burst ever: Tobacco over black korina (see above  :icon_biggrin:)

Marko said:
actually.... the best burst ever: Tobacco over black korina (see above  :icon_biggrin:)
He means way up, as in top right of the page.

And Tobacco over black korina is almost always a sure shot, and it isn't stock at all. You can even keep your basic mahogany tone.

Tobacco Burst could be cool!

I like sunburst on SGs
vedran_kosoric_full.jpg

zompocalypse said:
Ooooh is that the tobacco?
Yep. Warmoth has a lot of variation in their Tobacco bursts, so if you custom order, I would show them a picture of whatever you want, and it may help.

I suppose it depends on the wood.

Mahogany... Black Korina... Tobacco Burst looks really nice.

Flamey maple... Bengal Burst by far.

NonsenseTele said:
Tobacco Burst could be cool!

I like sunburst on SGs
vedran_kosoric_full.jpg

I've played that guitar.  It belongs to former poster (still lurks) Ted.  It's a Monster !

zompocalypse said:
Ooooh is that the tobacco?
If referring to this pic?
Looks more like the black-red-yellow burst to me.  :icon_scratch:
vedran_kosoric_full.jpg

This is tobacco burst:
eric_siu_full.jpg

Tobacco burst, amber burst, honey burst would look great on a SG.  :icon_thumright:

That first LP is mine. Still a few months away from gathering all the other parts. It looks less red and more brown in person though.

ok if i can get a finish like that strat my dream has been fulfilled. how do i go by doing that??? do u call and ask? is considered custom??? is it much more expensive if so?????

Death by Uberschall said:
Looks more like the black-red-yellow burst to me.  :icon_scratch:

+1

Beat me to it.  Too much red and there is no black in the Tobacco Burst.  That burst still rocks my world though.

Volitions Advocate's Green Burst on Black Korina is pretty sweet too.

Back