Where to find cases?

Suds

Hello,

I am finishing my first Warmoth project and I was wondering where to get really rad cases?  The guitar is a tele body with funky art on it so I thought something with cool coloured insides would look great. 

Perhaps the Fender tweed come in array of colours?

Cheers,
:blob7:

The standard Fender tweeds come in a few colors, but how radical are you thinking?

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-StratTele-Hardshell-Case?sku=541530

Buy one off of ebay and stencil it yourself.  Much cooler than someone doing it for you.

Personally I've always like SKB cases, they last much longer under heavy circumstances

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=SKB+guitar+cases&st=

If you look at my id photo at the left, you can see an SKB deluxe case I got off of ebay for $30 (you might be able to get such a good deal, but it's worth a look, and we are dyi-ers here), it had been used once.  Then my wife stenciled on the name of our band, Rat's of Saint Felix, and a rat looking up at a "rat in the moon".  You can do all sorts of colors and designs.  Search the internet, you'll find something.

That's another thing I was going to say about the SKB cases... They are easy to draw on.  :glasses9: So you can really make them your own.

SKB is the best!

2852489102_51e8c74f7b.jpg

The SKB's are tops, but if you're not going to be beating off your fans with it :toothy12:, the Gator cases are just a hair less sturdy, lighter and a good deal cheaper. I would never, ever use a gig bag that doesn't support the neck, but other than that I don't bang my cases around enough to need a super-duty flight case.

Keep lowballing the cases you like on "the stratosphere" (ebay store) and you can get good deals. Buy multiple cases and save on shipping. I got a new SKB case for about $40 and a very nice gig bag for like 20.

tfarny said:
Keep lowballing the cases you like on "the stratosphere" (ebay store) and you can get good deals. Buy multiple cases and save on shipping. I got a new SKB case for about $40 and a very nice gig bag for like 20.
I've been Eyeballing a nice tweed for my Cherry Tele..... :laughing7:

Might get the "Evil Doc" Postal Monkey case for my spalted tele.... :icon_biggrin:

Why don't ya just make one? I'm pretty sure plywood is strong enough and easy to get. then just cover it with something cool, like leather or old jeans or something.

When I was looking for a case I found the fine cases website to be the most useful.

http://www.finecases.com

Great assortment of stuff, at least to get an idea of what's out there.  I ended up with your standard strat style SKB case, but still.  Cool website to check out to get some ideas.

erik

Musicians Friend has cases.

Ed Roman has some sweet deals on cases.

Daddy's Junkie Music in Orange CT always has great deals on used cases. They'll ship too.

I have a fraternity brother who plays a lot of gigs, and he raves about his Coffin Case. I think he paid $125 or so for the flight-grade one, and he absolutely adores it. I could see someone being able to easily do artwork on one with all of the flat faces on it, plus it already has kind of a personality of its own with its shape.

The only issue with the coffin cases is that you immediately look like a goth just for owning one. I got lucky with my hard case, it came with a guitar I got for free a few months back, got no idea who made it or exactly how old it is but I don't really care when it didn't cost a thing. :icon_biggrin:

Nick Ellingworth said:
The only issue with the coffin cases is that you immediately look like a goth just for owning one. I got lucky with my hard case, it came with a guitar I got for free a few months back, got no idea who made it or exactly how old it is but I don't really care when it didn't cost a thing. :icon_biggrin:

Very very true. I think that's why he had so many hippie stickers on the thing. The guy looks like Ginger Baker did back in the sixties, and his gig wear normally consisted of outdated polyester liesure suits. He was a sight to say the least. Plus, any time you ever opened up the case, you'd find a pint of Jaegermeister and a Ziploc bag full of buds.

He showed me one very important thing about guitarists--A guitarist that doesn't get along with at least 75% of his bandmates and can't laugh at himself isn't worth s**t.

+1 on the Gator cases.  I have an SKB and "for the money" the Gator a great buy.

I'd love to have one of those G&G or Fender Custom Shop cases though......

Back