Where to buy Wilkinson VS401 in the US?

brain21

I've looked, but even WD seems to only have them in their UK store.  And WD sells the VS100s for more than twice what Warmoth sells them for.  I've looked at a few other places incl stew-mac and no luck.  Any ideas?

Different countries have different taxes (import/export/VAT), different rates of exchange (dollars vs. pounds, etc.), different shipping rates, different profit margins... lotsa things affect price, particularly when you're buying from a galaxy far, far away.

Right, but WD in the US sells the vs100n for $200+.  Warmoth for $96.

And neither seem to sell the VS401 in the USA at all!  I can't find (so far) anyone who sells that bridge here. :(

Some vendors sell goods based on replacement cost, while others go by market price. Warmoth may have bought  a large quantity in the past at a good price. When it comes time to restock, their price may change at that point, rather than follow the current market. I know they did that with TUSQ nuts.

In any case, what's wrong with buying from someplace in GB if they have a better price?

I don't know why, but the VS401 has always been tough to find regardless of price.

Why not just order it from the UK?

Even I do that sometimes instead of from the US or Germany etc. and I am in the UK...

It will take forever to get here and I'd like Warmoth to do the stud installs.  And it looks to be more than twice the price that way too.  At this point I think I'll just go for the Gotoh 510, buy it through Warmoth, and have them do the stud install.

It might take a few days or less rather than forever, but yes it might end up costing more. For the stud install, you can buy a pair of studs from Warmoth and have them fit them.

But the Gotoh 510 is an excellent tremolo so that is a good choice in any case.

Back