Where can I find a 64th” ruler?

O

Orange Tortex

I need a 64th”/32nd” ruler for measuring string and pickup height and stuff, but I don’t know where to look for one. I know you can buy them online like at StewMac, but are there any physical stores that sell them?

Orange Tortex said:
I need a 64th”/32nd” ruler for measuring string and pickup height and stuff, but I don’t know where to look for one. I know you can buy them online like at StewMac, but are there any physical stores that sell them?

You can grab a set of Calipers at Lowes for $20. Best I can come up with that most cities will have.

Calipers can do the job, but I will tell you that little StewMac job is much quicker, especially with string height.
If you plan on playing for at least the next decade, just pony up and get one.

Oh and get the calipers too. Still my preferred for pup height. And so useful for so many other measurements.

PS: also get a set of spark plug gap gauges. Best way to measure relief.

All in, the total will be less than a neck and closer to a set of tuners.

Staples or Charette or Office Depot ...or whatever your local office- or art/drafting-supply stores are called.

6” Engineers scale with .02” increments is best scale. Damn near impossible to find though.

String height cards are really great for that purpose though.

TheOtherEric said:
String height cards are really great for that purpose though.

I've come to learn that feeler gauges are the most common tool used for measuring string height...provided you mean string height off the fingerboard. String height off the pickups, not so much. (semantic question: Is string-height-off-the-pickups really "pickup height"?)

Bob Hoover Ross said:
I've come to learn that feeler gauges are the most common tool used for measuring string height...provided you mean string height off the fingerboard. String height off the pickups, not so much. (semantic question: Is string-height-off-the-pickups really "pickup height"?)

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say we are "gapping the pups"?  :toothy12:

Back