When clearance items don't sell...

I

ildar

...for ridiculously low prices, they get pulled, routed and finished, and reoffered for just a little bit more. This walnut Soloist was around forever, the lowest I saw it was $179 in the clearance bin, now...http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&start=1&itemNumber=SLP75&menuItem=8&subMenuItem=0&subMenuItem2=0

I just find it interesting. It is a beauty though.

I started a thread a while back where I posed the question "What happens when bodies don't sell?" I got a lot of good answers, but I think you just gave me the right answer.

Btw, yeah, it is a real beauty. It'll definitely sell now. This time around it looks like it's determined to shred.  :headbang1:

The neck they suggest to go with it looks sweet, nice figure on the headstock...
mn903a.jpg

Another body http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&start=1&itemNumber=PS2905&menuItem=1&subMenuItem=2&subMenuItem2=0 it was unfinished in the showcase and now it's finished and the price has been raised.

I remember that one too. I'vr got no problem with them doing that, it's their stuff, they've got to keep their employees busy, etc. I'm just not sure of the logic.

If something isn't selling, I would think it's due to a piece being undesirable (relatively speaking), either because of price or appearance. Giving a piece like the walnut Soloist very specific routs and a particular finish would seem to limit the desirability that much more.
Just my opinion though.

ildar said:
If something isn't selling, I would think it's due to a piece being undesirable (relatively speaking), either because of price or appearance. Giving a piece like the walnut Soloist very specific routs and a particular finish would seem to limit the desirability that much more.
Just my opinion though.
In some cases yes, in some cases no. We use our experience to make judgement calls on a case by case basis. I think that particular call was a good one...but we'll see.

Gregg said:
ildar said:
Just my opinion though.
In some cases yes, in some cases no. We use our experience to make judgement calls on a case by case basis. I think that particular call was a good one...but we'll see.

Sure, like I said, just my opinion, though it seems like a second-guessing of sorts.
It really is a beauty.

ildar said:
Gregg said:
ildar said:
Just my opinion though.

Sure, like I said, just my opinion, though it seems like a second-guessing of sorts.
It really is a beauty.
The first guess was from a customer who stuck us with the body. The second guess (our first) was to send it back into the factory for popular routs and a gloss finish since it wasn't selling otherwise.

I'm sorry, what I meant was this thread (started by me) could be construed as me second-guessing Warmoth, which isn't really what I intended.

I getcha. I know sometimes what Warmoth does and does not do looks crazy from the outside so we're pretty used to getting asked why alot. This board is pretty cool in that regard; to actually be able to explain many of those reasons. It causes me to go ask why from time to time too, then I come back and post the answer so we all know.  :laughing7:

Back