What Is Your Favorite Neck Profile?

I’m a happy owner of four Warmoth builds, all with 1¾” Nut width Fatback necks.

Thinner profiles are playable for short periods, but I can noodle endlessly with the larger mass / fuller shape.

Trying to explain your favorite combination of ops (short for options), given there are so many is difficult. it's like explaining Einsteins theory of relativity. its very complicated and almost impossible. but basically, e=mc2 means when you go really fast, time goes slower because you get there earlier. but replace "e" with standard thin, "m" with ss6105, "c" with 11/16", and "2" with 10-16" radius. i can use those ops to go really fast (shred). I tried explaining all of that to a guy at a coffee shop (not baby guy) today, but I couldn't sit beside him long enough. he was clearly an art student, and all art students wear patchouli, as its a known #true-fact that the oil is a magick repellant against criticism and having to get a real job. it also smells terrible

BroccoliRob said:
Trying to explain your favorite combination of ops (short for options), given there are so many is difficult. it's like explaining Einsteins theory of relativity. its very complicated and almost impossible. but basically, e=mc2 means when you go really fast, time goes slower because you get there earlier. but replace "e" with standard thin, "m" with ss6105, "c" with 11/16", and "2" with 10-16" radius. i can use those ops to go really fast (shred). I tried explaining all of that to a guy at a coffee shop (not baby guy) today, but I couldn't sit beside him long enough. he was clearly an art student, and all art students wear patchouli, as its a know #true-fact that the oil is a magick repellant against criticism and having to get a real job. it also smells terrible
Patchouli smells awful.

iu

If it's not a standard thin, it's CRAP!

I'm pretty atypical on the forum, I think, because I love the Wizard profile at 1 11/16 width. Thin and just wide enough to my hands. I've tried Standard Thin and like them as well, and the '59 will do in a pinch, but I'd prefer the '59 with 1 5/8 width.

On all my Strats it's Wizard profile, LSR nut, and locking mini Schallers. I can really crank on the whammy with that setup and it'll rarely be out of tune afterward.

I have both the Standard Thin and the Boatneck. I have concluded after about three years now that I really like both. My Standard Thins are 1 11/16 and I love that and my Boatnecks are 1 5/8 which works well for me since the neck is deeper into the palm and I thought going slightly narrower would be the ticket. I don't think I could forsake one for the other at this point. The Boatneck will feel like a full timber in the hand for at least awhile and maybe always but after I grew accustomed to it I found it comfortable. I initially wondered if the Standard Thin was too little for me but its really, really grown on my this past year and I love it.

I have a standard thin one, 1-11/16 nut width and 10-16 compound radius, which I never felt fully comfortable with. I've just ordered a 59 Roundback, 1.650 nut width and straight 9.5 radius, which should be almost identical to a Fender Jazzmaster American Original, and so I expect it to be perfect :)

Back