What is your favorite effect pedal and what do you like about it??

Surf n Music

I just got a couple pedals I am stoked on. One is a fulltone octafuzz.
octafuzz.jpg

It is a pretty solid fuzz pedal and with a flip a switch it adds an octave up feature.  Been listening to a lot of Jimi Hendrix blues and he seems to use both these sounds alot. Now I just need to the touch and finesse. To bad there isn't a pedal that substitutes practice  :laughing7:

I also got a way huge green rhino.

greenrhino.jpg

For an overdrive pedal this is pretty good. If I turn the drive way down and back the 100hz down to about 10:00 I get a good ts808 SRV tone. If I crank the drive all the way it is a bit over the top for what I am going for but who knows maybe one day I will have a use for it. Having fun experimenting though.

Surf n Music said:
To bad there isn't a pedal that substitutes practice  :laughing7:

Yeah, no kidding.

I've heard nothing but good things about Fulltone and Way Huge, so I'm sure those are gonna be fun for you.

Myself, I don't have any sfx pedals. I got a big pedalboard, but it's all switches and pots. The preamp does all the electronic acrobatics.

My favorite is my Dunlop Original Cry Baby Wah pedal. Give me that and my Legacy 3 lead channel and I'm good.

Cagey said:
I've heard nothing but good things about Fulltone and Way Huge, so I'm sure those are gonna be fun for you.

Myself, I don't have any sfx pedals. I got a big pedalboard, but it's all switches and pots. The preamp does all the electronic acrobatics.

You got the axe-fx 2 don't you? or something like it I think. That thing looks sweet.

MikeW said:
My favorite is my Dunlop Original Cry Baby Wah pedal. Give me that and my Legacy 3 lead channel and I'm good.

Still need to get a Wah and start practicing!! Soon enough  :toothy11:

Surf n Music said:
You got the axe-fx 2 don't you? or something like it I think. That thing looks sweet.

It's more than sweet. It's the ultimate. There is no other. See here...

Axe_Over_Atomic.JPG

I have a lot of pedals that I like: AC Booster, RC Booster, BB Preamp, EP Boster, Claptone (mid boost in a box), Bogner Ectasy Blue and the Line6 M9 for effects (controlled by a Ernie Ball VP JR).

BUT...

I bought a Kemper Profiler Amp half a year a go, and I have not used any pedal since. I have bought a lot of profiles from theampfactory.com and it sounds so great! It's the best thing I ever bought :)

My current fav is The Balancer.  When I step on it it turns my bass player down to a not-ridiculous level where guitar can actually be heard by the audience.  I also like my Hydra pedal, which is a boosted fuzz octave up octave down distorted modulator with flange and five-minute delay.   

I haven't owned pedals in 20 years, always used a rack mount preamp etc. But recently I was flip-flopping on either upgrading my current rig to the Axe FX II or getting a vintage style tube amp and building a pedalboard. Decided to do the pedalboard and have some fun experimenting with that (next year will do the Axe FX II).

Here's a pic of the build in progress. Added a few more pedals since this pic was taken, but I'm anxiously awaiting delivery of a Roger Mayer Spitfire pedal, sort of going into a Hendrix phase right now and the Roger Mayer pedals seem to be the authority there.

Also, for what it's worth... the One Control Crocodile Tail Loop switcher has proven to be awesome. Lets me control this mess of pedals just like the foot controller on my other rig.

Attachments

• amp.jpg
    amp.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 299
  • pedalboard.jpg
    pedalboard.jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 345
swarfrat said:

Word.

The only pedal I use on a regular basis (other than the tuner) is a Boss OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion that my friend modified for use with a bass then subsequently sold to me. I don't know what exactly he did to it, but it sounds good. I mostly use it with the gain channel for a boost during solos, but it's good fun through the clean channel as well.

I have a bunch of other pedals (wah, flange, octave, echo...) but almost never use them. I find I lack the patience or the will to fiddle with them enough to get a sound I like out of them.

I'm currently returning to the "block your trem, single pickup, loctite all your controls in place except for the guitar's volume knob, shut up and play yer guitar" camp. (Not that it rules out MIDI guitar - that's just a better note entry device than a keyboard for someone who isn't really a keyboard player.)

I don't use pedals much anymore; doing everything with software. But, I still have a collection of pedals, a TS-808, distortion+, a Cry Baby, Banshee 2, Angry Fuzz, PisdiYAUwot, and several vintage Boss pedals just to name a few. But my favorite out of all of them is my Wampler Ecstacy! It just makes everything better! :guitarplayer2:

As a bass player, the most useful and favorite pedal on my board is the MXR M87 bass compressor ... easily the best bass compressor pedal made (IMHO, of course).
Close second would be my Tech 21 Character Series VT bass.

Back