What is the best Tele bridge?

briny001

Working on a Tele project and I was wondering what you guys thought about the Tele bridges that are out there. 
A 6 saddle bridge is preferable, but I might be convinced of a 3 saddle. I want a quality bridge but I also don't want to spend a lot of money on it.
Suggestions?

Hummmm pretty much all good stuff cost a lot, it's pretty basic and will be like this forever, good materials are expensive, get a very accurate machines are expensive etc...

I think the best compromise is Gotoh, good stuff, sounds cool and have reasonable prices...

Well, depends on what you mean by "best".  Best for me is a Joe Barden bridge.  It has that 3 barrrel tone, but it intonates properly.  It's thicker than your' average pressed steel tele bridge, and has holes for the upper screws - both of these will help cut back the tele screech.

Aaaand - you can use it with a bender.   :icon_thumright:

For best I would get Glendale (in did I got :laughing7:)

The 'ears' of the bridge are lower than normal, so won't be messing while you're playing, good materials and accurate intonation...
But it IS expensive

How about the Wilkinson with swivel brass saddles...?

http://www.allparts.com/store/guitar-bridges-for-telecaster-reg-guitars-tb-5128-001,Product.asp

For the ultimate, use the Wilkinson swivel saddles with a Callaham or Glendale plate.

IMO the three saddle bridge, with brass saddles, does the Tele tone best.

Just upgraded from the gotoh that warmoth sells to the Joe Barden compensated vintage tele bridge - it was $50 on ebay and it's a really nice bridge. Who knows if it's the 'best' - I haven't tried them all, but it's a really nice bridge, zero pingy weirdness coming from the strings, solid, and it intonates about as well as a 6 saddle design.

I've got Callaham's Tele bridge with his compensated vintage saddles.  No tuning or intonation issues of any kind.  Fantastic string to body tone transfer.

Blue313 said:
Fantastic string to body tone transfer.

I've mis-used the neckplate screws on the bridge of my Tele, shall help to transfer the vibration to/from the wood :laughing7:

I used a few Callaham bridges and saddles until I learned about Glendale on this forum.  Since then I have used about 5 or six Glendale bridges and saddles.  Everyone is very impressed with the tone.  The only time I would not use one is if I were doing a total vintage replica or on a fancy finish guitar I would use an ElDorado with Glendale saddles.

Thanks for the input, guys.  Right now, I think that my other project will dictate how much money I'll allocate toward the Tele project, but I'll probably end up with the Gotoh.

For the Gotoh price, the Barden is better especially if you like a vintage look, but also the saddles are real tele saddles.

NonsenseTele said:
For best I would get Glendale (in did I got :laughing7:)

The 'ears' of the bridge are lower than normal, so won't be messing while you're playing, good materials and accurate intonation...
But it IS expensive

+1

Glendale makes several Tele bridges.  I think their compensated saddles are the real gem though.

I removed the tele bridge, and routed the body for a gotoh-wilkinson tremolo, and I LOVE IT!!  Of course I also made other mods for the electronics (now dual humbucker), so I guess it's not really a tele anymore.  :icon_jokercolor:

I ordered the Gotoh Standard Tele 6-saddle bridge for my walnut Thinline project (due to my door next Tuesday), but I'm wondering if I should get the Joe Barden bridge instead. Only $20 more... of course I'd have to dump the Gotoh Bridge since it's already on its way.

Back