What gives a telecaster "twang"

I used to enjoy Twang with breakfast... like them NASA guys used to in the 60's.  These days, I need for fibre, so I've switched to comPostum.

You know, hillbilly was not ALWAYS a derogitory term.
When people ask me any questions concerning nationality or heritage, I usually say I'm half rockabilly.
I don't care what people think, I appreciate being a redneck and having nothing to do but play music all day whenever I am out in the American country or on holiday.
For the record, I am lily white and live in queens ny  :icon_jokercolor:

Max said:
pabloman said:
The twang comes from the hillbilly playing it.
Hey, now, I like a bit of twang when I'm playing my rock music!  :toothy10:

You saying you're NOT a hillbilly? :icon_jokercolor:  :laughing7:

Twang: Scale length, neck and body woods, hollow/solid/chambered, bridge design, pickup design, other electronic components (caps). Composite of parts makes up all the twang. Steer the design in the right direction and you'll get it.  :icon_thumright:

OzziePete said:

Twang: Scale length, neck and body woods, hollow/solid/chambered, bridge design, pickup design, other electronic components (caps). Composite of parts makes up all the twang. Steer the design in the right direction and you'll get it.  :icon_thumright:
Mom's from Japan, Dad's from California (San Diego). Can't be TOO southern, even if I've lived in North Carolina my whole life :p

Max said:
OzziePete said:

Mom's from Japan, Dad's from California (San Diego). Can't be TOO southern, even if I've lived in North Carolina my whole life :p

I knew all that... :icon_biggrin:... but put it this way, Max, you are much closer to the hillbilly counties than me!  And you ain't as 'southern' as Fernando.... he's from the deep,deep - way too deep, south. :doh:

Me? I'm a westie by birth (bogan) and a coastie by residence these days. Checked flannelette shirt and black T-shirt, jeans - my uniform as a kid. :tard:

Checked flannelette shirt and black T-shirt, jeans - my uniform as a kid. :tard:
[/quote]

Flannelette shirt?? Is that like a baby flannel shirt or a halter top flannel shirt or something?? :dontknow:

pabloman said:
Checked flannelette shirt and black T-shirt, jeans - my uniform as a kid. :tard:

Flannelette shirt?? Is that like a baby flannel shirt or a halter top flannel shirt or something?? :dontknow:
[/quote]

What we call these, in Australia.

vans_av_flannel_shirt_sky_blue_ex.jpg

OzziePete said:
pabloman said:

What we call these, in Australia.

vans_av_flannel_shirt_sky_blue_ex.jpg
Flannel is the material, that look is what I call plaid, or tartan (from USA)
I'd call it a Plaid Flannel shirt.

Back