What do you all think?

Definitely do a jazzmaster style, with a mini hum in the neck and a tele bridge, also walnut and canary look reall good together.  :icon_thumright:

Altar said:
bluetele.jpg

I do like this one. It meets my criteria for what I want in a guitar. I'm tempted to do it jazzcaster style.
I actually really like this.

Re: raw necks, I have a Bubinga/Wenge bass neck I love, then bought a stock Maple Neck/Alder body Tele off the sales floor at a big box store because the neck just felt perfect.  I think exotic/raw makes every bit of sense but that doesn't stop Maple necks from being great - they're popular for a reason.

Cagey said:
Altar said:
Hmm.... The Fender fanboy in me wants a sunburst tele with a maple neck, but I want to try a raw neck, and mahogany is a good wood. I also like these guitars with other finishes, and I may go with a solid or transparent white or blue finish. Or black??? But I like padouk, and with the mahogany... And what about the same thing, jazzcaster style...

So, buy a sunburst Tele body, and put a Canary neck on it. Characteristics are very similar to Maple, and it doesn't require a finish. Mahogany does.

Altar said:
Oh, bagman. If you'll notice, I often make threads asking for advice and go with the people who agree with me, even if no one does... :laughing7:

That makes no sense at all.

Altar said:
Does gfs make good kluson style tuners?

Nobody makes good Kluson-style tuners. It's not a very good design. The only reason anybody makes them is to satisfy the Luddites. Tuner design has improved dramatically over the years. Get some Schallers, Sperzels or Gotohs. You'll be much happier.

Hate to agree with Cagey, but I do, on all three points.

Why do so many people "hate" to agree with me? Is agreeing with me gonna drag them over to some "dark side"? If they agree with me, aren't they already there?

I'm not the Devil. I've just been around for a long time and have a lot of arrows in my back.

1. I don't like it.
2. You shouldn't care what I think. Why would you? Even if you win GOM, we'll be on to the next new thing in about 1/2 a day.
3. Kluson-LOOKING tuners are made by Gotoh and sold by stew mac. Internally they are modern and they work a treat. Locking and non-locking, very lightweight.

Cagey said:
Why do so many people "hate" to agree with me? Is agreeing with me gonna drag them over to some "dark side"? If they agree with me, aren't they already there?

I'm not the Devil. I've just been around for a long time and have a lot of arrows in my back.

Prolly because you and Line6man seem to agree on a lot of things.  Makes it look like you're in cahoots.  :laughing7:

maybe cagey and line6man are one in the same??? like an alter ego, or maybe it's a plot to make the appearance or peer consensus swaying opinions till one day he takes over...  :sad:

No, I'm actually Snake Plisskin - sociopathic good guy.

snaaaaaaaaake.jpeg

Yeah, I shot your mother. She was no good for you.

Cagey said:
No, I'm actually Snake Plisskin - sociopathic good guy.

snaaaaaaaaake.jpeg

Yeah, I shot your mother. She was no good for you.

There is no Cagey! Only Zuul!  :laughing7:

Altar, if you want my advice on a guitar build: Ignore any suggestions from anybody. Take a lot of time to figure out what you want, and make damn sure you'll still want it when you get into your heavy metal phase, and then the blues phase, and then the chickenpickin and on and on. Point is, make damn sure your heart is set on every detail. Don't just dream it up - write it down. Write everything down once you KNOW you want it. At that point it doesn't matter what people think.

Tipperman said:
Altar, if you want my advice on a guitar build: Ignore any suggestions from anybody. 

I believe we have a paradox here!  :laughing7:

Marko said:
that doesn't look anything like Line69man!

_44356164_littlebritaindaffyd203.jpg

Uggles! I told you not to post that picture. I had some deep regrets about wearing that hat that day. I had a good cry, and now I'm over it, but I don't need you reminding me how tastelessly un-fabulous I looked that day.
daffyd.jpg

nonsense, that hat looks great on you!!
the only thing that looks even better on you is the jacobean ruff

line6man said:
Leumasd said:
Tipperman said:
Altar, if you want my advice on a guitar build: Ignore any suggestions from anybody except line6man

I believe we have a paradox here!  :laughing7:
Fixed.

Both of these are true. Official story: I was intoxicated and neglected to include these two amazing people in my post. Line6man is right. Always. Along with: Cagey, Bagman, and most importantly that Cagey guy.  :hello2:

Back