What did brown do for you today...

DocNrock

Master Member
...so the commercial went.

As dbw was starting his poplar strat, I was planning a similar project, but this was supposed to be a budget hardtail.  The body had a back trem route but was not routed all the way through.  I figured the back route wouldn't matter for a Schaller 475, and I could just cover the route with a plate.  I got a call from Warmoth a few days later telling me that this body could not be drilled for a Schaller 475.  Oh well.  I perused the gallery and changed directions.  No longer a budget project, I'm afraid.

This is a chambered mahogany strat, and it is almost the twin brother of the other strat that I build.  It is really light.  This one gets black hardware with a 6 hole trem, Rio Grande pups, and "railroad track" strings (13s).  Thanks for the tip about the Planet Waves tuners accomodating larger guage strings.  The neck should be here Thursday, according to UPS.  It is black korina.

fob.jpg

:rock-on:

NonsenseTele said:
hehehehehe Doc 'n Rock signature series

Ha Ha...Doc's got a signature series already.....Nice.

Great concepts Doc.  Like it.

Good Times.    :rock-on:

That's just too crazy that they both turned out to be so close to one another. It almost looks as if they were from the same piece of lumber........And even stranger that they got the same finish... :icon_scratch:

nathan a said:
Cool concept, Not sure I'd want such similar guitars though.

Agreed, it wasn't planned this way.  It just turned out this way.

LOL, signature series... :toothy12: 

Thanks for the positive thoughts on this, but the body looks too much like my other one.  It didn't look that similar on the showcase pics.  Anyway, RMA#2.  No signature series.

Signature series...LOL  :toothy12:

DocNrock said:
Thanks for the positive thoughts on this, but the body looks too much like my other one.  It didn't look that similar on the showcase pics.  Anyway, RMA#2.  No signature series.

Well now someone else will have your twinkie .....
144636815_3407afa6da.jpg

DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:

Signature series...LOL   :toothy12:
144636815_3407afa6da.jpg

I'm not even going there.  :toothy12:

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:

144636815_3407afa6da.jpg

I'm not even going there.  :toothy12:
crackup.gif

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
That's one seriously beautiful instrument.  Can't wait to see it finished.
I don't think it's gonna survive.......

Code blue, code blue.....We need DocNrock to the ER stat..... :sad1:

Marko said:
is greenville on the UPS map???????  :icon_tongue:
Hahaha, very funny.......Guess what speak and ye shall recieve.......It's here......pics in a moment..... :hello2:

Back