What’s your favorite solid paint color?

WarmothRules

What’s some of your favorite solid paint colors with neck woods and fretboard woods based on appearance? Even if you don’t own it.

The capri orange has been looking really cool to me lately. I normally like maple fretboards most of the time but capri orange would look amazing with a rosewood fretboard in my option 😍

My favourites are Dakota Red, Light Yellow, Vintage White. I'm thinking to choose a color that will work with a tortoise pickguard.

Black is an interesting option if you have a nice neck and fretboard wood.

I'm not hot on solid colors typically (prefering wood grains/figures or contrasting solids with/without bindings, like my Epiphone LP Custom Blackback) but I have had a strong hankering for a sonic blue tele with all-maple neck since seeing George Lynch's many years ago (
). His appears to be slightly to the green from sonic blue but both kinda give me that Lucky Charms marshmallow vibe 🤤 I also want to build a seafoam green Jazzmaster with wenge neck just for the vivid contrast.

I don't think I've had a solid color guitar, but the one I really want and have nearly pulled the trigger on many times over the past year is a sonic blue body. I'd get it with satin finish and pair it with a rosewood fingerboard over an unfinished wood like roasted maple. What I *really* want is a front-routed soloist, I keep holding out hope that this development is on the horizon.

I don't think I've had a solid color guitar, but the one I really want and have nearly pulled the trigger on many times over the past year is a sonic blue body. I'd get it with satin finish and pair it with a rosewood fingerboard over an unfinished wood like roasted maple. What I *really* want is a front-routed soloist, I keep holding out hope that this development is on the horizon.
I forgot to explain: The reason I want this is that I've always regretted "settling" for a color that was available rather than being more patient when ordering a YJM strat in 1998. That was my first brand new guitar, I ordered it right when I got my first real job out of school. Candy apple red with maple fretboard was available, and it was pretty great, but what I really wanted was sonic blue with rosewood. That was the only guitar I owned for 17 years, until I discovered Warmoth. I've always wanted to reproduce a sonic blue w/rosewood, but I'd like to do this in a 24-fret, HH, locking trem guitar rather than a strat. I will of course scallop the fretboard, wouldn't be at all YJM style w/out that touch! So the vision is something like this aesthetically, but more like a soloist for features:

1723309022087.png

That would be awesome. Soloist with a pick guard. The thing that bothers me about the soloist is with a 24 fret extension you can’t really get to the upper frets because they hang over the guitar so far.

I forgot to explain: The reason I want this is that I've always regretted "settling" for a color that was available rather than being more patient when ordering a YJM strat in 1998. That was my first brand new guitar, I ordered it right when I got my first real job out of school. Candy apple red with maple fretboard was available, and it was pretty great, but what I really wanted was sonic blue with rosewood. That was the only guitar I owned for 17 years, until I discovered Warmoth. I've always wanted to reproduce a sonic blue w/rosewood, but I'd like to do this in a 24-fret, HH, locking trem guitar rather than a strat. I will of course scallop the fretboard, wouldn't be at all YJM style w/out that touch! So the vision is something like this aesthetically, but more like a soloist for features:

View attachment 62586
I’m a fan of sonic blue too. It can look good with rosewood or maple.

Development is being processed. 😉 🤫

Solid color? I am partial to Taos Turquoise as a unique version of the surf colors. I my favorite color of all time though is Fender's "Surf Green Pearl" Charvel calls it "Specific Ocean" and Gretsch calls is "Jade Peral Metallic" I had one from each company at one point but now I only have it on a Gretsch.

Looking at just solid colors:
From the Surfy collection ---
Daphne Blue
Taos Turquoise
Surf Green
Sea Foam Green
All the above look great with maple.

From the rest of the solids ---
These look great with dark rosewood or ebony
Arctic White (Sadly not offered)
Black

Solid but with a twist ...
Then of course you have your Candies, Pearls (or Metallics), Flakes etc These would be:
Candy Apple Red (Rose Wood or Bloodwood)
White Pearl (Ebony or Wenge) and Gold top Gold
Inferno Flake (Bloodwood or Rosewood) (Frankly any flake looks great!)

And the Surf Green Pearl (Rosewood or Pau Fero) is stunning, but offered elsewhere ...

Last edited:
Back