Website Bugs and Feature Requests

Noticed that the option to chose neck heel shape on the Strat neck page (https://warmoth.com/guitar-necks/stratocaster) But that the total neck count did not match the counter under the selector.

IMHO a great addition, but I only saw it on the strat neck page and not on others..

Thanks

That showed 62 under neck heel shape just now when I looked and there were 62 necks applying the filter. Versus 67 in total, some did not have the tag for neck shape in the description. So, it will be the individual items rather than the filter which does seem to do what it should. Though there does not appear to be another option for shapes showing.

Bubinga is not listed as a fretboard option in the builder, specifically on warhead necks (but perhaps others as well).

AFAIK, bubinga hasn't been available as a fretboard wood in the builder for a long time (at least 6 months, probably longer)
I assumed it was because Warmoth had difficulty getting more stock.

In that case, it's not a bug :) too bad - really wanted it on a neck I'm planning ... :(

I heard a rumor that bloodwood was available as an off-menu item, so maybe bubinga is the same. Might be worth a call. I played a bubinga necked tele once. the wood was pink! Felt dry like plain maple. I suppose if it was burnished I'd have been happier with it. You know that feeling of raw wood, like a popsicle stick? It definitely needed something.

Here's one (??) : with Multi-Piece for Solid Colors option... (example)
only simple 'solid color" paint options (no other opaque colors like candy, metallic, flake, etc)

Just ordered a custom VIP and a bunch of hardware and it was mostly smooth sailing. However, it seems like when you select a dye, the visualizer takes away the top wood and shows the body wood dyed.

Carved top Tele Builder, defaults to showing a Strat shaped neck pocket before a selection being made.

The lam top gets removed also from the visualiser when selecting any finish type, before making a selection of colour etc.

Last edited:
hm seems like some folks here could work on their deadlift game and some farmers carries. no guitar in the world would be heavy if u get that routine going lol, nah i'm just jk kidding. but srsly i don't buy the whole weight = tone thing

hm seems like some folks here could work on their deadlift game and some farmers carries. no guitar in the world would be heavy if u get that routine going lol, nah i'm just jk kidding. but srsly i don't buy the whole weight = tone thing
Agreed. I prefer low weight only because it weighs less, which makes my aging shoulder happy. I'm doubtful it has any appreciable effect on the tone of an electric guitar, but to each their own.

Just like new born babies, guitars more than 9 pounds are heavy. Not that they don't have futures, but they are a load. Goldilocks weight, for me, seems to be between 6.5 and 8.

There doesn't seem to be any way in the builder to apply a burst finish to a mahogany lamtop. Also, gloss and satin finishes appear identical.

Feature request: being able to load all the 'smokin deal' in-stock items at once- then filter as desired ... heck, just being able to filter "all necks" with a certain wood, for example. The old high-functioning filter panel was responsible for my last three or four purchases, for sure! Also another plea for the 'sort by weight'. I know that by zooming in on the neck pocket photo I can read the body weight, but hey it's 21st-century 'n all... :geek:

Some of the dye finishes in the 7/8 S-Style builder are coming out kind of wonky...for example Aquamarine looks Green, etc. Haven't tried with other guitars.

Loving the speed of the new site, once it's dialed in and the previous options like UC are back it's going to be amazing.

Back