Website Bugs and Feature Requests

stratamania

Mythical Status
Here is a thread to post any actual bugs spotted since the website was upgraded.

Post actual bugs, such as broken links. Provide details so that the bug can be duplicated.

Examples:

Bug:
When clicking on community / unofficial Warmoth, the page shown says no products can be found. Broken link.
When clicking on PDF under pick-guards such as 7/8 Strat the link seems to be broken https://warmoth.com/skin/images/PDFs/pickguards/78thStrat.pdf and ends up going to search.

If there are features missing, something like:

Feature request:
It would be useful to bring back F-Holes in the body search filters.

Keep it specific and polite. Respect the forum guidelines and don't turn it into a gripe or rant fest; otherwise the thread will be locked etc.

Last edited:
Feature Request:
See all of a category like Guitar Bodies, Bass Bodies, Guitar Necks, Bass Necks.

I often will peruse these for ideas and like see what is new in-stock every couple days.

Also bring back sort by weight. That is basically the first requirement of buying a body for me and I am sure many others.

Bug:
When adding a MM bridge pickup to Iceman Bass, it appears in the same position wether we choose Sweet Spot or regular

On the bridge route page, the description for the Mustang trem is incorrect.

Also the Hipshot hardtail bridge has gone missing from this page.

Attachments

• mustang trem.png
    mustang trem.png
    405.8 KB · Views: 6
(Coming from the other thread): Handedness option is missing as a filter and strangely there don't seem to be any lefties listed. The day before the change there were 8 lefty strat bodies and 1 soloist (possibly others). None are showing now.

Ok I checked it out today, here are a few bugs & requests.

Bugs:
- No unique top wood option?
- For hollow bodies, the 2F hole option does not get visualized, and the controls are in the wrong place, verified for curved top Tele.
- The finish visualization reverts to a different top wood, that was not the case in old web site. IMHO, this is huge, a burst on quilt is nothing like on mahogany.
- The sort option for in-stock is missing the sort by Weight, this is something I used all the time.
- No longer one could change the pickup routing for the in-stock bodies, is that a bug or a new policy?

Requests:
- Re-implement finish visualizations for different top woods, even as a side collapsible menu w/ stock images.
- Bring back the unique-choice tops.

All in all, LOVING the in-stock snappiness, all good, just missing some of the features ^.

Thanks, rock on!

I've had some issues with the lam top not rendering properly. It shows up initially but disappears when you make tweaks (e.g., add binding, or play around with paint options, etc.) and you just see the core wood.

The day before the change there were 8 lefty strat bodies and 1 soloist (possibly others). None are showing now.

Per the other thread, there is less stock loaded in the showcase. There are right-handed necks etc that also are not showing. So, not a bug, just not populated onto the new site yet.

Bug:

In the builder, component overlay for some body shapes (particularly the V styles) is misaligned with the background body template.

1687441136947.png

are the in stock filters dynamic? like the fhole one would only appear if there was some up that had it?

to all Weight Watchers - in the body 'upgrades' filter you can choose "extra light'

what I wanna #know is the diff between a contoured heel and a custom contoured heel in the body contour filters. how custom is it? they look the same to me

to all Weight Watchers - in the body 'upgrades' filter you can choose "extra light'
It's not the same, I don't mind a non-extra light body, but I would like to consider weight as a factor when I decide between different options. Weight is still there in the description, just needs to be exposed/indexed to use as a filter.

are the in stock filters dynamic? like the fhole one would only appear if there was some up that had it?

what I wanna #know is the diff between a contoured heel and a custom contoured heel in the body contour filters. how custom is it? they look the same to me
"Extra light" doesn't mean the body itself is especially light. Those of us who routinely scan weights have surely seen many bodies without any special designation that were in fact very light, others with "light" or "extra light" that really aren't unusually light. I'm not even sure what those descriptors are based on--lighter than usual for a type of wood maybe? Likewise, just b/c a body is chambered doesn't mean it's on the light side (if the original wood itself was quite heavy), ditto for roasting. Many things are statistically associated with a lightweight bodies, but nothing beats weighing them as unique individual specimens (and allowing sorting by the actual weight).

This isn't griping, I give Warmoth a lot of credit for providing weights for bodies. Many sites don't list body/guitar weights.

Noticed that the option to chose neck heel shape on the Strat neck page (https://warmoth.com/guitar-necks/stratocaster) But that the total neck count did not match the counter under the selector.

IMHO a great addition, but I only saw it on the strat neck page and not on others..

Thanks
I went to that same page and chose ”screamin deal”. He price of the neck shows USD 725, but when pressing ”addl info” the price shows USD 1510!

Last edited:
Bubinga is not listed as a fretboard option in the builder, specifically on warhead necks (but perhaps others as well).

Back